Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Wednesday 2 May 2018

No one said it would be easy


2nd May 2018
The key to success is to start before you are ready

#MissionMe #MotivationMay #BevsWW #TheFlexEffect

One day in the bag, here’s to the second, I will make May matter no matter how difficult I find it.  I’m focusing on my solutions not my problems.  I can’t change the situation I’m in but I can change how and what I eat, yesterday’s meals were delicious. I used up the last of the flatbreads for breakfast.  Lunch was chicken katsu with roasted vegetables and corn on the cob, then I used the bit of chicken I left for my tea and made chicken and mushroom egg fried rice with half a packet of leftover microwave rice.  I’ve also got hardboiled eggs in the fridge as snack back-ups now, it saved me from a slice of bread and spread yesterday.





It’s so much easier to eat well and stay on track when you have the right food in your fridge I have to say, I enjoyed everything I ate yesterday. 

Today’s dinner will involve 4 chicken breasts I bought from Penn Road butchers because they were so big I couldn’t resist them, then I asked for suggestions for what to cook with them, would you believe I’ve even dreamt about a chicken and leek pie!  Oh my days, I feel like I’ve already eaten them and I’ve only just woken up.  Not sure what I’ll make but I will get a little creative in the kitchen, see what I’ve got in the cupboards and what I can make.  The weather out the window isn’t saying its garden time yet! 

This is a recipe I enjoyed doing before

Malaysian chicken (1sp)
Serve with rice and steamed broccoli
Take 10 mins to prepare, 12 minutes to cook

1 small onion, sliced
1/2 red chilli, de-seeded and chopped finely
Low fat cooking spray
1 chicken breast, diced
1 teaspoon light brown soft sugar (1sp)
2 teaspoons soy sauce
4 tablespoons chicken stock or water
1 teaspoon rice vinegar or lime juice

Spray a lidded, non-stick saucepan with cooking spray and fry the onions and chilli for 2 minutes.

Add the chicken and stir fry for 1 minute over a high heat, then sprinkle in the sugar and cook for 1 minutes more until caramelised. 

In a jug, mix the soy sauce, stock and rice vinegar or lime juice together. 

Pour over the chicken, cover the pan and simmer gently for 10 minutes. 

Remove the lid, increase the heat, and bubble for 2 minutes until slightly reduced.  Tossing the chicken in the sauce to glaze.

Things to add to my next shopping list;

Beansprouts – zero points & really delicious when stir fried with soy sauce
Coleslaw – I’ve really enjoyed the yogurt dressed one I’ve had this week & for 3SP for a ¼ big tub, it’s worth it to feel indulgent.
Noodles – I haven’t had any in forever
Courgette Spaghetti – it bulks out meals

My fire pit came yesterday so mom can play fire this summer, don’t worry she’ll be safe, I opted for this one from Wayfair, it looks better in that photo (probably because of the actual fire & marshmallows!) but it’s alright and will serve the purpose, once there’s been a few fires in it, they image won’t matter.  I do like that it’s light to more though for obvious reasons.  I’m thinking of adding some sand out there to go with the shells and gravel but I need to think it through first and decide where and how to position it. 

Right I need to start my day, want to have a mooch through my sauces, herbs & spices see what I’ve got going on in there.  Got some work to do but then I’ll grab a couple of hours later for cooking and crochet.  Wished it wasn’t raining, the dog will still expect a walk – deep sigh.

Here’s to another day on track, I can and I will because when I was weighed yesterday by Elle, I was the heaviest I’d been this year and that needs to stop. 

#MissionMe #MotivationMay #BevsWW #TheFlexEffect

I’ll keep repeating those hashtags until I make them happen!

No comments: