Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Thursday 24 May 2018

Going to take the fish out the freezer...


24th May 2018
Not caring what other people think is the best choice you will ever make 


I wasn’t ready for the alarm this morning even though I went to bed at 9, yet tomorrow when I can sleep in you watch me be wide awake by 5 or mom will wake me at 4, you gotta love life. 

I’m ready for my long, enjoyable day today, I’ve got healthy foods at the ready, I will survive.  I ate strawberries yesterday and they were so good, it really is the best time of year to eat them.  I’m put a lot of berries and fruit in my online shopping basket this week, it’ll come tomorrow now though as I thought I’d placed it for today and I hadn’t, I’ll stop at the Tesco garage and grab a punnet of raspberries to snack on.  Here’s to making a new habit, I will start enjoying fruit and yogurt and making it party of my daily diet, might grab some soya one as soya is supposed to be good for us maturing ladies.

I’m loving my meetings this week, I ran over the talk time last night it was great, they had plenty to say and their total weight loss was well over 100lb, just brilliant.  Lots of new members joining this week too, May is definitely full of motivated members and I love it.

Think I’ll make me an omelette this morning, that’ll keep me going and satisfied all morning then, I might take some salmon out the freezer too, need to keep those points low so I can enjoy a glass of vino later.

Talking Salmon, these sound delicious! 

Tikka masala fishcakes
Feeds 4, 10SP each 

500g (1lb) salmon, skinned and cut into chunks
1 tbsp tikka masala paste (3SP)
6 spring onions, chopped
1 lemon, zested and cut into wedges
3 tbsp plain flour (6SP)
2 tbsp vegetable oil (9SP)
4 pitta breads, cut open (20SP)
1 little gem lettuce, leaves separated
lime pickle, to serve

Pop these tikka masala spiced fishcakes into a pitta for a quick and easy lunchtime treat. They're packed full of flavour and are ready in less 30 minutes.
  1. In a food processor, gently pulse the salmon, tikka masala paste, spring onions and lemon zest, until combined.
  2. Scatter the flour over a large plate; season well. With lightly floured hands, divide the salmon mixture into 16 and shape into patties. Dust in the flour.
  3. Heat the oil in a non-stick frying pan over medium-high. Fry the patties for 2-3 minutes on each side, until cooked through. Drain on kitchen paper.
  4. Stuff the pitta breads with the fishcakes and lettuce leaves. Serve with lemon wedges for squeezing over and a dollop of lime pickle.
Anyways, I have so much to do, I need to start my working day, I should be finished by 8pm lol, yay, here’s to the long one.

Have a great day, remind yourself of all the benefits of your weight loss journey – it’s worth it BeYOUtiful.

No comments: