Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Sunday 18 March 2018

I don't like snow!


18th March 2018
A true friend is someone who sees the pain in your eyes while everyone else believes the smile on your face.

It’s covered over white with snow, good few inches here too, how glad am I it’s Sunday and I don’t have to go out to work till Tuesday. 

Fit in two Yoga sessions this morning to make up for not doing one yesterday,


I’m now halfway through the 30 days of Yoga with Adriene on YouTube, pleased I’m still doing it, I won’t lie I was tempted to skip this morning because it was so cold in this house and also it was tired and I was still tired, glad I didn’t though as I feel good now and my body has been reminded of the fact it can move and stretch and doesn’t just do sit and stand!

Well the weather has reinforced a sit and do not a lot kind of day, actually I will be doing something, I’ll be sitting, watching tele and crocheting, that’s three things.  I’m also going to cook liver and onions for dinner, I’m going to roast my onions first though rather than fry them.  Have it with mash and green veg I reckon, mmm.   Although I’ve fancied chips all week long, but nah, it’s the yellow, battered chip shop chips I’ve fancied not the oven type so mash it is.
There’s been a lot of talk in my meetings this week about these little beauties, 2 Smart Points each, members are loving them and stuffing them with all kinds of things and using them to make quiche, pies and egg custards.  Here’s my suggestion for a filling;

Keema Concoction
Serves 4, 11sp per serving

2 sprays of low fat cooking spray
350g pack of quorn mince (6sp) or chicken breast mince is zero
1 bunch spring onions, chopped
250g chopped mushrooms
1 yellow pepper, chopped
125 g cooked frozen peas (3sp)
3 cloves garlic
1 piece ginger, 2cm, fresh and grated
2 tbsp curry powder (2sp)
1/2 tsp cinnamon
300ml vegetable stock using 1 oxo cube (1sp)
2 tbsp chutney, mango (7sp)

Heat the oil in a large non-stick frying-pan and add the mince, add the garlic, ginger and onion and stir, then add mushrooms, and peas stirring well. Continue frying gently for approx 5 mins. Stir in the curry powder and cook for a further minute, then mix in the cinnamon. Add the stock or water & chutney. Bring to the boil, then cover and simmer for 5- 10 minutes until cooked. Serve.  Works with any mince, just amend Smart Points accordingly.

Or another one that’s easy and popular which would work well in those boats is put 4 chicken breasts (6sp) and a jar of Doritos mild salsa dip (4sp), cook in slow cooker, then get 2 forks and shred the chicken, also a great filler for wraps or jackets or pittas, or put on some rice. 

Oh ma’an the snows still coming down strong, I’m not impressed at all with this white stuff, it’s just not for me.

Anyway, I’m going to get my boots on, fetch mom some papers, then bunker down for the day, whatever you’re doing, enjoy!



No comments: