Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Wednesday 21 March 2018

I didn't spring out of bed this morning


21st March 2018
You wanna fly?  You’ve got to give up all the stuff that weighs you down!



This morning was the first morning I resisted doing my yoga session, I lay in bed for a few minutes and thought to myself, ooo I’ll listen to my audiobook for half hour, then I remembered my yoga session and through, boo.  However I made myself get out of bed and go do it, not gonna lie though, it wasn’t done with love and passion, I was cold and not in the mood at all.  I’m not even going to pretend I feel good having done it. However it is done and I can move on with my day, the day which looks glorious through the window, bright frosty morning with sun in the sky. 

My dog slept on the floor in my room last night, he’s not 100% and the thing with Alfie is when he’s not feeling good, he’s going to make sure no one else sleeps well either, so let’s just say I’ve had a disturbed night because he’s been restless.  Oh bless him, he’s now lying on the floor behind me, not himself at all.  He was clipped yesterday so not sure if that’s worn him out.

Bugga I’ve forgotten to take food out the freezer, not to worry, I’ve got something in the fridge and actually I’ve just remembered I’ve got a salmon coming tomorrow from the very lovely Sheila, she’s my salmon supplier!  Ooo I need to find something scrumptious to do with it. Honey and mustard perhaps, nothing too strong though as you don’t want to lose the taste of the salmon.

Anyway, I tried those quiche boats, they’re alright, quite like the boat wrap thing but I’d put something else in them, I’m going to use the last 2 in the packet this morning to make breakfast boats, bit of bacon and tomato topped with a dry fried egg, then the yolk will get all runny in the boat and I won’t lose any of it, mmm.  Ma’an I’ll never be thin – thankfully!

This last week, we’ve raffled of my copy of the new Bake cook book and raised £83 for The Stroke Association, that book is rarer than rocking horse poo and the lady that won it was over the moon, win/win.

Oh my, I’ve just got a little excited, whilst I write my blog, I’m usually online looking for recipe ideas etc and I’ve just found a slow cooker teriyaki recipe with only a few ingredients, then my heart sank when one ingredient was ‘easy healthy teriyaki sauce’ because I thought, oh great an American ingredient I won’t be able to get, then when I clicked the link, it’s only a WW friendly recipe, thank you https://dashofherbs.com/easy-healthy-teriyaki-sauce/

Easy Healthy Teriyaki Sauce
This recipe is 2 SmartPoints per serving
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 10 minutes
Total Time 20 minutes
Servings 8 servings
Calories 41 kcal
  • 1/2 cup pineapple juice
  • 1/2 cup reduced sodium soy sauce
  • 2 Tablespoons water
  • 1 Tablespoon honey
  • 2 Tablespoons brown sugar
  • 2 Tablespoons rice vinegar
  • 1 Tablespoon garlic minced
  • 1 teaspoon ginger minced
  • 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
  • 3 teaspoons cornstarch
Instructions
  1. Add all ingredients into a small sauce pan and whisk together.  Bring to a boil.
  2. Turn heat down to medium and cook, stirring constantly, about 5 minutes to allow sauce to thicken.  Taste and season, if needed.
Recipe Notes
You can store this sauce for up to 3 days in the refrigerator.

The recipe - https://dashofherbs.com/slow-cooker-teriyaki-chicken-tomato-orzo-salad/
Teriyaki Chicken
  • 1 pound boneless chicken breast
  • 1 cup Easy Healthy Teriyaki Sauce
  • 1/2 cup chicken broth
1.    Spray your slow cooker with cooking spray.  Add in the chicken breasts.  Then add in the chicken broth.  Top the chicken with the teriyaki sauce.  Put the lid on and cook on LOW for 8-10 hours.
2.    Remove the chicken once it's done cooking and shred it.  Stir the chicken with the sauce to fully combine.
That’s definitely a to do recipe when I fancy getting my cook on, not today though.

Right, I’m off to get my paperwork / office work done so I can walk the dog and get stuff done.

Here’s to another day of doing you, the best you can.

Be Healthy, Be Happy, BeYOUtiful.


No comments: