Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Thursday 1 February 2018

Foodie February #FlexFoodFeb

1st February 2018
Believing in even the possibility of a happy ending is a very powerful thing.


Incredible, it’s the first of February today and my members ended up losing a total of 164 stone in January, that’s 2,292lb, those pounds count, every single one of them matters, I’m just so very proud of each and every member that has been in my meetings this month, no matter how much they’ve lost (or gained) because they’re doing their best and that’s all we can ever do.  This time of the year isn’t easy for so many of us, it can dark, cold and gloomy, that’s not exactly motivating, the lack of daylight affects our mood, the temperature can affect our appetite, heck the weather can affect our sleep, the rain has just woke me up at 4am anyways.

Today is ‘Time to Take Day’ in case you didn’t know, what is it?  It’s a chance for us all to be more open about mental health – to talk, to listen, to change lives.  Find out what people are doing, and have your own conversation about mental health today.  It’s about trying to end mental health discrimination. It’s not always easy to start those conversation, you’ll find lots of info on the website https://www.time-to-change.org.uk/get-involved/time-talk-day-2018/tips-starting-conversation, around 1 in 4 people will experience a mental health problem this year, let’s make it okay to discuss these things.  

Back to weight loss - yep it’s a real boost to see Flex having the results on my members I hoped it would, it’s not a race to the finish line, none of us put the weight on overnight and we won’t lose it that quickly either, but if we can enjoy the journey, that’ll make it easier for sure.

Right then #FlexFoodFeb, let’s get on this, I noticed some posts yesterday so good to see you all eating well, let’s see how delicious we can make this month!  You up for the challenge, I think it’s just what I need.  Foodie February is right up my street, I loves eating after all and I love to prove that food can be fabulous, good for us and help us to lose weight. 

Let’s make the weight losses in February stronger than they were in January, it’s a shorter month but could we take that total to 300 stone, how amazing would that be?

If I’m to add to it, I’ll going to have to eat better than I did yesterday, I skipped breakfast, had a ham sandwich for lunch, a bar of chocolate for my dinner and a gin and tonic for my tea whilst doing my paperwork before bed!  Yes that’s how not to do it, so today I’ll show you how to do it.  At least there was tomato on the sandwich, which was a bit of veg, not very impressive though was my day.

I need to get my tea prepared at lunchtime so I don’t end up at the chippie, I need to know what I’m coming home to, that’ll keep me in check.  I’ve got 2 stale flatbreads, I wonder if they’d make okay pizza bases for lunch time?  Might have a look, if not they’ll have to be binned, or made into breadcrumbs.

It’s so good to see all my members in our Facebook group on it and helping each other.  If you’re not already Flexing, is it time to start?  Yeah come on let’s all get with the programme, I’m going to end my blog here because I’m going to make the time to cook me some breakfast this morning, I really fancy chucky eggs!  Mmm. 

See ya tomorrow BeYOUtiful, well I’ll see some of you in a little while at the meetings, let’s get ready for another interactive cooking session shall we…

No comments: