Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Tuesday 20 February 2018

Focus on the good stuff



20th February 2018
The past is behind, learn from it.  The future is ahead, prepare for it.  The present is here, live it.


Right, so I’m going to start focusing on the good stuff that happens and forget the not so good stuff, by remembering it, I’m reliving it and as those experiences aren’t so great the first time round why would I want to do that!

The good stuff yesterday included my delicious dinner, as you can see I was adding to my fruit and veg challenge;


Yep the list has grown a little;

Fruit & Veg challenge
Apple
Mushrooms
Tomatoes
Carrots
Potato
Butternut squash
Spinach
Onions
Mandarin oranges
Broccoli
Banana
Grapes
Pear
Red, yellow & green Peppers
Celery
Watermelon
Avocado
Pomegranate

I enjoyed the watermelon, especially as I bought it already sliced, it just makes it easier to eat and there wasn’t too much of it because it’s not something I’d want to eat loads of.  I love avocado, it just high in points but worth it occasionally. Oh and diced tomatoes with a spoon of sweet chilli sauce is a really good way to eat them.

My defunk challenge for toady is easy;

Day 11 – 20th Feb – unsubscribe from some unnecessary emails

I’ll have half hour doing that, I’ve been doing it a little at a time since I wrote the list.

Back in a minute, moms woke up early, need to go make her a cuppa and sort her meds.

Yay, I’m back, focus on the positives and good lol.

I’m enjoying my defunk challenge, especially as some of them are super easy so making me feel like I’ve achieved something each day.  I might start thinking about one for March, not a defunk one because I can honestly say I’m coming out of it, a day at a time.  I’m processing my thoughts a bit at a time, I’m realising not everything that is faced can be changed but nothing will get changed unless I face it.  As difficult as these thoughts can be, they need to be addressed.  It’s all very well living in the moment, but if the moments aren’t being enjoyed something needs to be done.

That’s all a bit airy fairy and vague I know but I’m not ready to go into it until I’m clearer in my own mind of what I’m thinking and processing.   It’s a time of thought and refection for me, if you were to put me on the change chart, I guess I’m at the contemplation stage, ready to step into the preparation stage.   I have lots of things I have to accept and some things that I’ve decided I need to change, I’m in a much better place because I’m doing something and not just sitting feeling sorry for myself.

I’m fortunate that I have a job I love, at least I have that, not everyone does, today, I’m going to focus on that, and food of course, I’ll go and see what I can make for lunch that’s absolutely delicious, but first breakfast, mmm what to have for breakfast…

Here’s to a good day BeYOUtiful, we all have our own stuff going on don’t we, I think what’s important is that we don’t think it’s just us, we accept what we cannot change and make the most of it and make changes where needed when we can.

Fruit for breakfast I think, add to that list, I’ve got some raspberries – I’ve just shuddered at the thought of them, cold and sour I bet but they may surprise me J

Happy Tuesday folks, let’s enjoy the positives. xx 





No comments: