Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Wednesday 27 December 2017

Who are ya?



27th December 2017
In a society that profits from your self-doubt, liking yourself is a rebellious act.  Be a rebel!
Today I plan to clean my house through, I put my housework off for most of December saying, “I’ll do it when I’m off”, so now I’m off, I’ve had 3 full days doing nothing much, time to get stuff done.

I read the January bit of my Dawn French book in bed last night, she talked about intentions rather than resolutions (but we’ll come back to that later or another day).  There’s a page where she say’s I am: followed by a list of things that she is from a female, a mother to a great kisser and a consummate nosey parker.  I didn’t write my list last night as I hadn’t got a pen to hand but I did get a few words in my head.  What would be on your list?

I am:

A female
A daughter
A friend
A coach
A carer (of so many people & animals)
A worker
Punctual
Funny
A creature of habit
A bit of a loner
A twunt (my besties will confirm this)
An animal lover
A believer (in Father Christmas & the true spirit of Christmas)
An optimist
A good cook
A lover of slowing down
Me and I really like who I’ve become
A person who believes everyone is BeYOUtiful when they are themselves

There’s more but its 6am and I’ve not long been up so I’ll think on it, what’s on your list?

This is the bit where I remind you to always be yourself because then no one can every say you’re doing it wrong.  Let go of who you think you need to be and start to enjoy being yourself, you’re BeYOUtiful and remember true beauty starts the minute you decide to be yourself.   Instead of trying to change so people will like you, be yourself and the right people will love you – I’ve proved that and witnessed it many times.

I said I was a carer and I am, I care about everyone, I want everyone to be happy and healthy, to take care of themselves including me of course, there is absolutely nothing wrong with caring for yourself, even before others, after all if you don’t take care of yourself, you won’t have the energy to take care of anyone else.  It’s one of the reasons I enjoy a weekly massage, that’s my time out, my recharging hour, it’s

why I have no problem sitting and vegging in front of the tele whilst the house is a mess, it’ll all wait.

Being yourself doesn’t mean staying as you are, you don’t have to accept the things you are not okay with, you can work on changing them, the only thing standing in your way is yourself, so how about 2018, we make it the year we work out who we are, what we love about ourselves, what we’d like to tweak or change completely and spend the year doing that with a lot of self-love and self-care.   Let’s take about change tomorrow, this is enough to think about for one day, plus I have a house to clean from top to bottom – deep sigh.  Oh that’s another one ‘I am a bit of a slob’.

BeYOUtiful, remember to be you and the world will adjust, start today…

No comments: