Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Sunday 31 December 2017

Happy New whatever you want...



31st December 2018
A year from now you will wish you had started today (well… or tomorrow).

Here it is the last day of the year, that’s 2017 done and dusted, my last meeting of the year yesterday was a success, we had some cracking Christmas gains, I even had a few losers in the room, the one thing we all had in common was a smile and a decision to get back to being losers in 2018. 

Some were getting straight back on track yesterday, others waiting till Monday, I decided to start my journal yesterday but not stress about the fact I wasn’t going to be on track until Monday probably.  I was correct, I had my 40 clove of garlic recipe to cool and it was delicious served with mash and carrots.

We’d also started the day with delicious bacon or sausage sandwiches and thank you for the donations for those, together with what was already in the pot from just before Christmas there was £56.88, so I’ve topped it up and just donated £60 to the Samaritans, which according to their website will go a long way.

£10 –could give much-needed support to teenagers in schools, helping them learn the importance of their own emotional health

£20 –could help answer five calls, emails or texts from people struggling to cope

£30 –could keep one of our branches open for 6 hours

Our tea and sarnies did all three of those, how fab is that.  Thank you again.


I’m going to relax again today, I really have enjoyed having a good rest, then tomorrow will be spent getting ready for January in Weight Watcher world, it’s gonna be busy, Flex is fabulous and people need it in their lives.

First though, let’s have a look back, are you the same person you were when this year started?  I think I am, this year has reminded me of what’s important though and that I chose this life for a reason – because I love it.   I didn’t make any resolutions last year but I do remember writing a manifesto, this was it;

A BeYOUtiful Manifesto

I promise not to beat up on myself.  I promise to love myself.
I will remember my self-worth is not based on what I look like or how much I weigh,
That doesn't define me and is not who I am.
I will empower others, not judge them (or myself),
I'll be kind & keep my sense of humour.
I will remember that just because I've had a bad day,
it doesn't mean I have a bad life
and even on the worst days,
I will remember my needs are important too,
that I am BeYOUtiful and I am enough.

Actually I’m lying I didn’t remember, I looked back on my blogs, but I have to say, I still by what I wrote and I have lived that life I think.


What’s been your biggest achievement this year?  Mine, well it has to be my Jean Nidetch award, receiving that was pretty special.  I have to say though the success of our Dementia Tea Party was also a highlight, I didn’t expect it to be that big at all and we raised so much money, together with the Dry Dementia I did we smashed £5k, just astonishing.  Of course I couldn't have done any of it without all the help I had from everyone involved, I'm blessed to be surrounded by so much love.
What’s the hardest you’ve laughed this year?  Oh I’ve laughed so much, one night that springs to mind was when my brother Terry and his Wife stayed in November and I came home to find them singing together, that was a wonderful night of laughter.   I’ve just scrolled through my facebook photos and realised I haven’t spent anywhere near enough time with my friends this year as in years gone by, but I just found this photo and it made me smile again;


Especially looking at my kitchen there compared to what it looks like now – what a transformation.

Another highlight was ticking off the last thing on my bucket list thanks to my mates, that was so much fun, tandem riding – why wouldn’t you.
What about next year, what do we want to do in 2018?  I’m thinking if the weathers good, I’ll work on my garden, I totally neglected it this year.  I also want to spend more time being me, spending time doing things I enjoy, time with friends.  I need to work less and live more, as much as I do truly love my job, I love me too and I need to get that balance. 

So here’s to making 2018 whatever you want it to be,

Happy New Dreams
Happy New Days
Happy New Ways
Happy New Year
Happy New You BeYOUtiful.

No comments: