Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Sunday 17 December 2017

A pound of cake! WHAT!

17th December 2017
The greatest risk any of us will take is to be seen as we are.  Cinderella
It’s that time of year where everyone is rushing round getting stuff done, I’ve got to own up I’ve done no rushing at all this year for Christmas, I may live to regret that.  The few gifts I have bought have been done online when I’ve thought of something.  I’m not one for buying a gift just because, if it isn’t something I think they’ll actually like I’d rather not buy anything.

So I’m still full of lurgy, voice still not back and keeps coming and going, we watched Mamma Mia yesterday and it was rather frustrating to not be able to sing along with the film.  I enjoyed listening to mom sing instead, we do love a good musical in our house, Alfie’s never quite impressed though.

A few of us went for our Christmas after meeting breakfast yesterday, we went to Berrybrook farm which is one of those carveries that do the huge cakes, I’m never tempted by them if I’m honest, just the sheer size of them makes me thing ‘why?’, and actually ‘how?’ How can you eat that after you’ve eaten a mahoosive carvery!  Out of interest and purely for research purposes I bought a slice of the carrot cake to take home to weigh and point,


Roughly a pound of cake (450g)!  That’s seriously ridiculous and we wonder why we have a weight problem as a nation!  I compared it to other carrot cake on the Weight Watcher app and it works out at roughly 75sp. 

It’s heavier than a Sainsbury’s Taste the Difference (430g) or a Tesco Finest (400g) carrot cake which serves 6, so I reality that slice at the pub should be being shared with 5 other people, not just the 1 most of you are sharing it with.

Well I’m doing exactly nothing today, I’m going to chill out and rest up.  I will of course have to walk Alfie and fetch the papers for mom, plus dog food but that’s my lot.  I won’t even cook, I’ll have a Weight Watcher ready meal out of the fridge I think.

Oh we did laugh yesterday morning, if you read my blog yesterday you’ll appreciate the comment that came back from my BeYOUtiful member Jane, this was it;


Love that Bev, once upon a time I was a little girl with big dreams:
To work in a shop as a cashier - done
To be a nurse - done
To be a catwalk model - not done but I like to think I’m a role model which I now know is better!
To work in a chip shop and wrap up chips - not done but every time I finish with a sterile dressing pack I wrap that up the same way so this has satisfied me!
To be a teacher - done
To marry Woody from the Bay City Rollers - not done but I have someone who can’t sing but is an amazing husband
To be rich - not done but I now know that I don’t need to be rich to be happy
To play a musical instrument - done
To be a ballerina - not done but think I am when I’ve had a bottle of vino so that’s good enough

I was a girl of pretty normal expectations I think - I never wanted to rock the world but the dreams I had I’ve made come true and the others don’t matter anymore!

I smiled as I read it and responded; you’ve rocked my world more than once  💓  I expect you to strut your stuff into my Meeting this morning - the queue can be your catwalk!

Her reply “Done”.

An hour later, this happened;


And this is why I have the absolutely best members who can cheer me up even when I’m feeling poorly, just the most incredible job in the world, I’m sat here feeling truly blessed this morning, if not a little snuffly.

Right the heating needs turning on and I need a big mug of tea to start my day.  That’s as strenuous as I’m getting.  Whatever you have planned – enjoy your day BeYOUtiful. xx  

Oh and apologies if I've made you fancy carrot cake ;)


No comments: