Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Thursday 16 November 2017

Flex Food is Fab!

16th November 2017
Don’t compare your life to others.  There’s no comparison between the sun and the moon, they shine when it’s their time.
Another day in the bag, and delicious it was too! 

Breakfast was poached egg on toast and mango with fat free natural yogurt. Delicious!  That Skyr yogurt is really good.
For a late lunch I made, turkey steaks stuffed with Philadelphia light, mushroom, onion, tomato & olives with boiled potatoes (and a smidgen of low fat spread) plus there was butter in the veggies!  This worked really well, mom loved it and I’ll definitely do something like it again.  I basically put one steak on the bottom, then the filling then another on top – they weren’t huge.

I also came home to find a chicken casserole in the oven - yep I put it in before I went out, no one’s cooking for me in this house.  I’m so glad I did though, it was so good and low in Smart Points, plus there’s plenty left for today.


 I even had enough points left for a packet of these (3sp).

No wine last night, busy day today, need all my energy for it, it also means I’m on day 4 and still have a full bank of weeklies and can honestly say I’ve been more than physically and emotionally satisfied where food has been concerned this week.  Loving Flex!

Members are still loving the sound of it too, my 3 helpers from last night who had the plan a week early all lost goal last night, they all enjoyed it too which is far more important as we know Smart Points has always worked.

I’m thinking omelette for breakfast after seeing Nats on Facebook this morning, mine never look quite as good as hers did, but I’ll try, maybe a bit of protein cheese in it, some veggies too. 

If you have bought a cookbook over the last year and want the new conversions, here’s the link for the pdfs, we do have handouts in the meetings, I need to order more though so in the interim, you can work them out on this link https://www.weightwatchers.com/uk/m/cms/article/cookbooks-conversion

Some other useful links (and remember until your weigh day when you get to hear all about it you may want to wait until looking)

Welcome to Flex https://www.weightwatchers.com/uk/m/cms/article/welcome-ww-flex there’s a video on this page.


Make sure you’re logged into your Weight Watchers account before pressing the links.

Ooo whilst looking at that lot, I’ve just found a recipe for breakfast hash using new potatoes, guess who’s got cooked leftover new potatoes – might have that now.  I don’t have bacon but I do have chicken sausage, nom nom.  I feel a yummy brekkie coming.  There’s lots of recipes on the WW app and WW online for you to find delicious, quick, easy meals.

On last thought before I go start my day, focus on your success, don’t beat yourself up along the way and enjoy this journey.  If all you’re ever doing is striving for another pound you forget all the ones you’ve already lost, the difference the changes you’ve made had had on your life.

I’ve lost and gained weight continually through my life, I’m a long way from the lightest I’ve ever been, I used to be obsessed by the numbers, I wasn’t a very happy person back then and I was looking for satisfaction and not finding it may I add.

Focus on the healthy and happy peeps, remember the scales are only one way to measure success, other ways I’ve seen lately are members no longer needs their walking stick, being able to go on fairground rides, walk for 45 minutes when they couldn’t walk at all, going from not staying because of anxiety to sitting in the meeting room and enjoying it, not forgetting the miracle baby that was made possible because mom got her healthy on.  It’s not just about the scales, it’s truly not. 

We’re all in different stages of our journey, for Mark last night it was his first week and he lost a stonking 12lb, for me, I’ve had a bad month and I’m not going to try and lose the 6lb I’ve gained, for others they’ve been struggling, some have been flying.  The one thing we all have in common is we care about our health and we’re doing what we can, when we can by making sure we are in meetings and focusing on our healthy and happy – you’ve got to be in it to win it. 

And you’ve got to enjoy it, we all go through times when we struggle, I’ve had so many members who’ve battled with that last few pounds, stressed out about it for months, then when I’ve convinced them to change their goal weight by a couple of pounds, they strangely lose that couple of pounds afterwards.  Could stressing have something to do with it?  Does our body function well under stress?  I know mine hasn’t this last month and now I’ve relaxed again, I feel better, I want to eat better too.

Anyway, I need to get off the pc, get myself sorted and ready for work, got a busy day ahead.

Have a great day whichever version of Smart Points you’re doing today (remember they both work!)

Catch ya tomorrow BeYOUtiful.


No comments: