Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Saturday 25 November 2017

Another 50lb lost last night!



25th November 2017
Sometimes the most productive thing you can do is relax.
Well I had a cracking good day yesterday and managed to stay on track, was at an all-day Weight Watchers day, for lunch at the hotel I had trout, new potatoes, broccoli and cauliflower, with a side plate of salad I was tempted by the cheese cake and will admit to fetching a slice, had one spoonful and decided it wasn’t the best I’d tasted and wasn’t worth getting fat for so left it.  I did enjoy a handful of dried fruit and nuts though, worth the 6sp for sure.  My tea was an M&S pizza and now I’ve just added everything from yesterday onto my app, I’ve realised I’ve not been quite as ‘on it’ as I was last week and all my weeklies have gone!   I only have 17 of the 42 FitPoints I’ve earned left too, need to get some zero foods in my day today if I want to enjoy some wine later and a weight loss Monday morning.

I was so pleased that I made it back for the second half of my meeting as I wanted to hear how they’d all done on their first week of flex, brilliant might I add!  50lb lost by my awesome Essington gang and lovely to see that they’d all stayed to enjoy the cover coaches meeting too, I hope she didn’t mind me staying to enjoy the talk.

Looking forward to this morning’s meeting, last one of the week, 39 ½ stone is the total so far, can wait to see how they’ve all done, I’m so proud of how we’ve all embraced Flex, even those that aren’t quite sure are giving it a go and not just saying “NO!” which shows we’re all willing to change even if it’s difficult.

After this morning’s meeting my weekend plans are very much to relax and enjoy my house, they’ll be cooking, reading and tv watching involved, ooo I might even read the Sunday newspapers with mom tomorrow, I could run over and get them, make tea and we could read them on her bed away from tv’s, phones and computers.  Alfie can add the wag factor to the occasion.

Here’s today’s recipe find, might be worth a go;
Lentil Spinach Pancakes
1 cup split red lentils (soaked overnight)
2 cloves garlic
1/4 tsp ground cumin
1/2 tsp smoked paprika
pinch turmeric
1/3 cup water
2 handfuls of baby spinach leaves (finely chopped into ribbons)
1/2 tbsp oil for frying (2sp)

·        Blitz all the ingredients (apart from the spinach & oil) in a high speed blender until you achieve a smooth batter. Add a little more water if needed.
·        Mix the spinach through the batter.
·        Heat the oil in a frying pan over a high heat. Reduce the heat to medium and fry tablespoons of the batter for approx 2 mins each side
·        Serve and enjoy!

Right time to get ready and get off to work, it’s still pitch black outside, I’ve just realised we’re a calendar month away from Christmas Day, I’m cancelling it this year, I’ve only got boxing day off extra so I’m just gonna pretend it ain’t happening like I used to years ago, save myself the hassle and the money. 

Enjoy Saturday, stay Flex’d, I’m thinking fish for lunch, some good healthy stuff in my fridge, corn on the cob today too.  Whatever you’re having – enjoy it.


No comments: