Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Sunday 12 November 2017

A heart of gratitude today



12th November 2017
If you don’t design your own life plan, chances are you’ll fall into someone else’s plan.  And guess what they have planned for you?  Not much! - Jim Rohn

In bed by 8pm, that was so good last night, I’d already started falling asleep in my chair so when mom suggested we go to bed as I was already there in the chair, I couldn’t really argue!

I’ve already walked the dog, he wasn’t willing to wait this morning, then the moron has just walked across to the shops and stood on the green for half hour, it’s wet, cold and windy and I’m stood next to him saying to myself, “I’m never having another dog!”  I’m hoping it dries up, I have so much washing to do, oh I hate that I’ve turned into a grown up thinking about my housework.

I’m still not doing loads of it today, I’m going to potter, I love my Sunday pottering, got my chicken to try a slow cook chicken stuffing dinner, gonna get my washing done, clean my kitchen, maybe tidy my bedroom and the living room, but then when I’ve had enough I’ll be finding something worth watching on the tele and chilling for the rest of the day. 

Wonder Woman was a good film, not at all what I was expecting, I thought it would be a lot more light-hearted, still good though. 

We went shopping, by ‘we’ I mean mom and I, I got to Sainsbury’s and realised I hadn’t taken my coupon so had to go back home, asked mom if she was up for a drive and she said yes.  Cost me a blinking fortune she did, a trolley full of goodies, worth every penny it was to see her out and about.  She had a good long natter with the Poppy men, there was flirting going on too, I can tell ya, I had no change so mom bought a few things and took a tenner out of my purse – worth it too, after all we may not be here if it wasn’t for all those brave men.  She had a chat with Elle too who she spotted before I did.  Yeah I enjoyed our shopping trip a lot, it was good to get out together without Alfie being a nightmare in the car and he was chilled when we got back anyway.

So I’ve decided my mom doesn’t have Alzheimer’s, she has ‘some-timers’ - sometimes she remembers and sometimes she doesn’t. 

Make sure you stop and take a moment for silent today at 11am, stop, pause and remember and be grateful for everything they did and everything you have now.  Today is a day for the nation to remember and honour those who have sacrificed themselves to secure and protect our freedom.

Each year at the eleventh hour of the eleventh day of the eleventh month, we observe a Two Minute Silence. Armistice Day on 11 November marks the end of the First World War and is a day to remember and honour those who have paid the price for our freedom.  Please ensure you respect those precious minutes.

Today, take care of you BeYOUtiful and spend a little time with those you love xx

No comments: