Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Tuesday 24 October 2017

Have a good day...

24th October 2017
The most effective way to do it is to do it!

Eggs, they really are my favourite food and on toast for breakfast with mushrooms and tomatoes, well it don’t get much easier and tastier in my world. That was how I started my day yesterday and then the rest of my plans changed.  I ended up driving round a bit so nipped in Waitrose and Aldi whilst out – I love a wander round Waitrose, it’s one of my happy places, it was a quick in and out yesterday though as I went in for the Tandoori Chicken Sashlick, they had the meal deal on 2 mains, 2 sides and a rice for a tenner so I had two of those as the sides in my house get eaten as mains.

I popped in Aldi to get some of these new Slimzone meals and whilst at the till I was reminded of how much my life had changed and how far as a family we had come.  There were two girls with a ‘milk token’, that’s what they were called when I was a kid anyway, it had ‘healthy start’ written on it yesterday, they were trying to buy two bags of spuds and the girl on the till wasn’t sure the voucher was genuine and it took 4 of them to agree in the end that it was.  The kids didn’t look embarrassed standing there but I did feel for them, it shouldn’t be made a thing of when you’re using coupons.  I remember being skint, I remember my mom struggling to buy stuff, we lived on egg and chips, and it’s still a favourite meal in our house.

On the night mom and I watched Russell Howards Hour, he’s a very funny man but at the same time covers some of the awful things that are going on in the world, and one of the facts he stated was that for every class of 30 kids, 9 of them live in poverty!  As many as 3 million children are going back to school after the holidays hungry, this is heart breaking, it really is!

Meanwhile, we’re overeating and wasting food, again he stated £17bn of food and drink in the UK is wasted every year – that’s obscene.  Something’s going wrong somewhere ain’t it and just looking on his Facebook page – everyone has an opinion. At least in my meetings we’ve done our bit over the years for food banks and other charities.

Back to now and the day ahead, I defrosted that fish but didn’t use it yesterday, so will definitely have it for lunch as I’m not wasting food!  Eggs for breakfast and probably a chicken sashlick for team, that’s my day sorted.  Waitrose had WW Naan breads we had one of those each with our tea last night, oh with an Aldi Slimzone meal, the Chicken Saag, sorry I wasn’t keen, it was okay and I can see how others would enjoy it, but I didn’t.  Having said that it had a lot of chicken in and was great value if you like the flavour which I’ve seen plenty have – so for 5sp, give it a try and make your own mind up.  It wasn’t because it was Aldi as I wasn’t impressed with the lentil Dahl from Waitrose either.  The best thing on my plate was the Naan!

I’ve got a busy week ahead now, so being organised is going to be a priority, I have a freezer full of ready meals just in case I’m not feeling the cooking love.  I think egg and chips needs to be on the menu at least one day this week!

Until then, I’ll say have a good day BeYOUtiful, can you believe two calendar months today it’ll be Christmas Eve – EEK!

No comments: