Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Friday 13 October 2017

Do you ever question your life?



13th October 2017
We don’t have to do it all!

So yesterday was a good day and two conversations spring to mind without going into details one I heard someone explaining to someone else how in their working life they listen to and help solve other people’s problems whilst working long hours and suddenly they’d realised they don’t do anything for themselves, they were so busy doing this they were ignoring their own problems and fair play to them, they’d woke up and decided something needed to change.  Good for that lady I say!

The other was myself, I said to the other person, “You have to ask yourself, what do you want from life because that’s important too!”  After the conversation as I was driving home I realised I needed to take my own advice and maybe have a think about the other conversation I’d overheard.  This meant as well as being a super busy day yesterday, I did a lot of thinking whilst driving and walking the dog.  It’s good to stop long enough to question if you’re where you want to be or if there’s something else or somewhere else you wish to be.  I concluded at this time, I’m good, there’s no burning desire in my belly to do anything specific, I don’t feel like I’m missing out on anything, I’m looking forward to slowing down again after my ridiculous busy couple of months so yeah, all I want to do is stop a little, breathe and enjoy doing nothing more often or doing more of the simple things in life I enjoy doing like watching rubbish tv, listening to the radio, singing along to the tunes, reading a magazine, sitting in the garden watching the birds and squirrels, then cooking something delicious.  Yep, my life’s the life I want – is yours?

We’ve been talking about soup this week and last night there was mention of Jamie cooking a Thai Chicken one pot broth, so I’ve just found it online and watched it this morning. http://www.channel4.com/programmes/jamies-quick-easy-food/on-demand/66085-008 here’s more or less what he did, it does sound good - I’ve got everything but the coriander!  If I’ve got dried I’ll use that, I’m sure there’s thai curry paste in my cupboard somewhere.

Thai Chicken one pot broth

Put 1.6kg Whole chicken in pan
Chop whole butternut squash into chunks
Add Stalks from coriander finely sliced
Tin Coconut milk pour in
Add Small jar of Red Thai curry paste
Litre of water
Season with salt – and poach on medium heat, when simmer continue for 1hr 20 minutes

Lift the chicken out

Put the coriander in cold water to look after it.

You can mash the squash to thicken or leave chunky, add the rest of the coriander torn up

With a couple of forks shred the chicken and add some to the broth.

It looked lush, I’m going to do similar but in the slow cooker I think to see what happens.  I’ll skin my chicken first too and use low fat coconut milk.

I was also asked to blog my curried parsnip soup recipe so here it is;

Curried Parsnip Soup (8sp total)
2 teaspoon curry powder
1 large onion
250 g chopped small parsnips (6sp)
25g rice (2sp)
1 pinch salt
1 litre vegetable stock (use oxo cubes)
 
·         Chop & put the onion in a pan, with 3 tablespoons of twater and the curry powder. Cover and simmer for 3 or 4 minutes.
·         Add the remaining stock, the parsnips and the rice. Bring to the boil and then simmer for 15 minutes, or until the parsnips and rice are tender.
·         Pop in food processor and blend to make a smooth soup.
I also found this one on my computer;

Spicy parsnip soup - total 41sp serves 4 (10sp each)

2tbsp olive oil (9sp)
2 onions, chopped
1kg parsnips, peeled & diced into 3cm cubes (25sp)
1tbsp curry paste (4sp)
1 ½ litres hot vegetable stock
100g low fat soft cheese (3sp)
freshly ground black pepper
chopped flat leaf parsley, to garnish.

Heat the oil in large saucepan, add the onions and cook for 1-2m until softened.  Add parsnips & cook, covered, over low heat for 5m with the lid on, to sweat the vegetables.

Stir in curry paste and cook for a minute and then add the hot stock.  Cover and simmer for 20-25m until parsnips are soft.

Add ¾ of the low fat soft cheese to the soup and blend until smooth.  Season to taste & serve with remaining soft cheese stirred into soup, garnish with fresh parsley.

Right time for another mug of tea, it’s a tea kinda day for sure, no rushing this morning, meetings not till tonight – happy days!

Make it a good one BeYOUtiful – we got this!

No comments: