Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Tuesday 5 September 2017

Close some tabs...



5th September 2017
Don’t look back, you’re not going that way.

Awake since half 3, but on a positive I’ve cleared my office a little, it looked like a bomb had hit it and after having a colleague in here yesterday where she could barely fit in the room because of the junk, I thought I should really clear it up a little.  It’s still a mess but it’s less of a mess, I’ve filled a bag for the bin at least.

Just sat here with my first mug of tea, now it’s the little things in life that make it good, and this cup of tea wins in three ways, the first it’s my first of the day, second – it’s a seriously good mug of tea and third – the mug was painted by my bestie and makes me smile every time I drink from it, around the rim it says, “close some tabs and drink some tea!”, she often tells me I’m like a computer and have too many tabs open on my browser and she’s not wrong. 

Which is why I have stopped for a minute to sit and enjoy my cuppa rather than swig it whilst I type, it means this blog will take longer than it usually does, but that’s okay, I’ll make the time up elsewhere.  I’m going to have a nice breakfast too, thinking avocado (yes I’ll track it too for those members of mine who know I can be guilty of writing ‘pear’ on my tracker and not putting any points down because a pear is zero but an avocado pear is roughly 4sp for half.  I will only have half too as my new WW snack pots will keep the other half fresh till tomorrow morning.

One of my members gave me some curry loaf last Thursday and I have to say it was good, this was the simple recipe;

Curry Loaf (35sp total)

Packet Batchelor’s savoury rice – mild curry 14sp
Tin Asda’s chickpea dhal – 14sp
4 eggs - 7sp

Cook rice with water, allow to cool.
Beat eggs and chickpea dhal together.
Add rice mix together
Put into lined loaf tine 180 degrees for about 35 mins or until cooked.

Now I think this can be played with and made healthier, using wholegrain rice and making your own dhal. 


I also found a recipe online for Lentil Loaf which would be similar I think, it’s easily adaptable and perfect for using up any leftover veggies.  The loaf can be eaten straight from the oven sliced or dry fried and plonk an egg on the top, you can throw in any seasoning you wish. 

This does take some time to cook, so it makes sense to have something else in the oven at the same time. Make sure that the lentils are well drained, the loaf should then firm up a little quicker.

Lentil Loaf (21sp total)
200g of red lentils (15sp)
400ml of vegetable stock
1 tbsp vegetable oil (4sp)
1 onion, finely chopped
1 garlic clove, chopped
1 spring onion
1/2 green pepper, chopped
1 egg, beaten (2sp)
salt
pepper, and other spices for seasoning

Place the lentils and stock in a saucepan and gently simmer until the liquid has been absorbed and the lentils are soft. Strain into a sieve and stand to allow excess liquid to drain

Whilst the lentils are cooking fry the vegetables until they are starting to turn golden

Place the lentils, cooked vegetables (add any grated root vegetables at this stage) and egg into a bowl and mix. Season well with some herbs, spices and salt and pepper

Pour the mixture into a lined and greased 500g loaf tin and bake at GM5 / 190C (fan 180C) for 40 – 50 minutes until risen, golden brown and firm to the touch. Allow to stand for 5 minutes and then turn out

Serve sliced, or let it cool and fry to use as a burger

Now I like the sound of that one, add some curry powder and you’re good to go!  All I need to do first is find my sieve or buy another one!

Whatever’s on your menu today, here’s to making it a good one, we got this BeYOUtiful.

No comments: