Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Sunday 13 August 2017

Woke up hungry!




13th August 2017
Continuous improvement is better than delayed perfection.

I’ve woken up hungry – that’s never a good thing!  I’m looking forward to a roast dinner though, my sisters making us one so that’ll be lush later.  Might have me a bacon sarnie for my breakfast, might through an egg on it too.  I know how to live J

My kitchen got started yesterday, it won’t be completely finished for about 5 or 6 weeks, it’ll be usable from today but because I’m having the wetroom in September and the sink side of the kitchen will be done then, he’s going to leave my worktops and put them all on at once, in-between he’s going to put me temporary worktops on.  At least I can have it decorated before then, not getting any paint on my new worktops will be a bonus.

How sad is it that I got excited about a plug being fitted in my living room yesterday!  We’ve had to have more power points put in the kitchen so he went straight through the wall and put me one in the living, there’s never been enough power points in this house, and now I can charge my phone whilst using it from my armchair.  That makes me happy and I don’t care how sad it is.

I have to share this recipe because when it popped up on pinterest yesterday, it looked divine, I can’t remember which website it was from though, but how good does it look, if you use skinless breast or legs it would be free on No Count using your daily allowance, otherwise just point what you use, it’s 52sp for a 1.5kg whole chicken.  

Ayam Panggang Kunyit (Grilled Turmeric Chicken)


1 whole chicken (cut into 12 pieces) (about 3½ lbs /1.6kg)  
2 tsp ground turmeric or 4 knobs of fresh turmeric (pounded into a paste)
½ tsp salt
¼ tsp ground pepper
Vegetable oil

1.    Place chicken pieces into a large Ziploc bag. Add turmeric powder (or ground turmeric paste), salt, and pepper. Press out as much air as possible from the bag before sealing.
2.    Mix everything well by kneading the bag to make sure chicken pieces are well coated with spices. Place in the refrigerator and allow it to marinate for at least an hour.
3.    Pre-heat an outdoor grill to medium heat, about 250°F to 300°F (120°C to 150°C). Brush the hot grates of the grill with a little oil.
4.    Arrange the chicken pieces on the preheated grill. Brush the tops of chicken pieces with oil. Allow it to cook for about 20 minutes, turning once mid-way. Increase heat slightly to brown meat, turning whenever necessary. This will take another 5 minutes.



I may not be able to cook yet, but I can drool over recipes online and look forward to cooking in the future.  I wanted to cook in the meetings next week but it’s just not feasible with the house upside down, I can’t find anything, it’s all in the shed I think.  Then they’re going to be ripping out the kitchen window tomorrow and making more mess, so the cooking demo will have to wait for another week, I need to be realistic. 

What to do today?  It’s weird when there are people in your house, even though they’re working you feel guilty sitting around, well I do anyway.  I might start clearing up the garden a bit, do a bit of WW work maybe, we’ll see how I feel.  Maybe not the garden because of my fingers, I don’t want those burns to get infected.  I’m going to tidy my room, change my bedding and tidy the living room – yeah that’s what I’ll do, then mom and me can have a few hours together chilling.

Whatever your plans are, enjoy your day BeYOUtiful.

No comments: