Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Thursday 24 August 2017

Refocusing on a Thursday...



24th August 2017
Successful people are not gift; they just work hard, then succeed on purpose.


Thursday morning, pay day tomorrow, ooo pay day on a Friday, that’s a little dangerous when I haven’t got a meeting till the evening!  I’ll be too busy today to think about spending any wages I might have left over after all the bills are paid, with all the work I’m having done at the moment, it’s not likely to be anything.  However I will have a lovely kitchen and wetroom by the end of it so it’ll all be worth it.

The last bank holiday of the year this weekend, then we’ll all be focusing on losing weight ready for Christmas, how ridiculous is that, I can still remember last Christmas as if it was a fortnight ago!  Let’s look at the stats, it’s the 24th August, so if we work on calendar months we have 4 months till Christmas Eve, weeks wise, 17 weeks until 21st December, Christmas day is on a Monday.

Week 1
31 August

Week 2
7th Sept

Week 3
14th Sept

Week 4
21st Sept

Week 5
28th Sept

Week 6
5th Oct

Week 7
12th Oct

Week 8
19th Oct

Week 9
26th Oct

Week 10
2nd Nov

Week 11
9th Nov

Week 12
16th Nov

Week 13
23rd Nov

Week 14
30th Nov

Week 15
7th Dec

Week 16
14th Dec

Week 17
21st Dec


Everyone refocuses on a Monday, so let’s change direction and refocus on Thursdays for the rest of the year, you have 17 of them, well 18 if you include the one after Christmas Day, but I’m a realist here. 

I want you to think ahead, you might have small goal you’ve broken your journey down into, those milestones along the way, write them in those spaces, what would you like to have achieved by when.  You might want to set yourself a challenge each week, it could be as simple as drink more water, track everything I eat regardless of whether I go over my allowance or not, or a challenge like join a running club and train to run a 5k! 

What needs to happen for you to see the results you want to achieve?  It isn’t just going to happen as if by magic, you have to put some effort in, you have to make changes.  Stupidity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.

Do you need to start loving yourself more, don’t be in a constant battle with yourself, it’s not how you’re going to win your war on your weight.  You will get better results from love than hate, think about it, you know it makes sense.  No one likes to be hated and hating yourself, well that just unnecessary.

What’s your plan for the next 24 hours in front of you, don’t think about the next 17 weeks, just the next 17 hours, let’s be honest I hope you’ll be asleep for the other 7!  I plan to enjoy the curry and rice that my helper made me, I know its WW friendly, it may even be No Count, and I’ll guestimate the points otherwise.   I may even eat it for breakfast!   Then I’m going to drink plenty of water as I’ve notice cans of diet coke has been creeping into my day, so get my water bottle out and fill it with tap water, less caffeine that way, no wonder I’m waking at 3am. 

Tomorrow morning, I’ll do some meal planning, I have a busy day tomorrow too but I can fit in some time for me to sort myself out.  I’ve got 3 weeks to our area meeting so my mini goal is a couple of pounds off for then.

We’ve got this BeYOUtiful – let’s do it!

No comments: