Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Tuesday 29 August 2017

56 is the magic number!



29th August 2017
The fact that you aren’t where you want to be, should be motivation enough.  

Keep going, you’re getting there!

I finally managed to cook a meal from scratch in my ‘half a kitchen’ it wasn’t the easiest thing though as I don’t have a lot of working space at the moment, I needed to cut a squash in half and the work surface was full so I used the chopping board on their floor!  Yep, getting the rest of the units in can’t come soon enough now, then hopefully the sink will be replaced before the end of September and the other walls plastered and it’ll all be done. 

The meal I did manage to cook was delicious, I finally managed to get my hands on a spaghetti squash, it wasn’t cheap as it was from Waitrose but I’ve seen them all over the internet and wanted to try.  People use it as a replacement for – you guessed it – spaghetti, once cooked you can use a fork to shred the middle and it takes on the appearance of spaghetti.


I baked mine, then in a frying pan cooked onions and garlic, then added chicken, bacon medallions, celery, edamame beans, chicken stockpot and a spoonful of wholegrain mustard.  Mom absolutely loved it, which is always a bonus when I cook a meal.




I’d had eggy bread for breakfast and the two meals were more than enough to fill me up, I did have the leftover chicken from dinner in a WW wrap for my tea though before having another early night and another restful sleep.  I’m lucky that the week after I have a string of bad nights I do seem to balance them out with good ones.

How lovely was the weather this weekend, I’ve spent a few hours out there with mom just sitting and enjoying it, not quite a holiday but not a bad staycation that’s for sure.

Only 3 days left of this month, then we start September, it’s just going unbelievably fast this year, it really is, I’m under that stone and wanting to get closer to the next stone, so I’m thinking about the 8 weeks to make a difference idea, in 2 weeks you’ll feel it, in four weeks, you’ll see it and in eight weeks you’ll hear it. 

Yeah I have a few things that would fit me better if I was that bit lighter, so I would definitely feel it, I know when I get closer to that half stone mark which is 5lb away, I will certainly see it, then if I could do half stone in the 8 weeks people would definitely notice and I’d be hearing about that for sure. 

Yeah 8 weeks, one day at a time so 56 days, today can be Day 1, it doesn’t have to be day 1 off my week, just day one to start focusing on different things, tweaks each day or weeks, such as increasing my active minutes whilst walking, drinking more water, eating some fruit, staying focused.

I’ve got my food shop coming today, did my shopping sitting in the garden yesterday after I’d eaten my dinner so I wasn’t hungry and tempted.  Only a small order, needed some salad and fruit and dog food, I’ve even ordered a few cans of gin and slimline tonic as it’s lower than wine, although I was on the Becks blue yesterday and I’ll opt for diet coke the rest of the week.

Time to get ready for a day of meetings at Willenhall, there’s a great joining offer online, saving 30% on the 3 month plans and registration fee, only £52.05 for the 3 months, https://www.weightwatchers.co.uk/uk/checkout/#/plan great time to come back!

Here’s to Day 1 of 56, 8 weeks to make a difference, realising how quick this year has gone, those 56 days will fly by and at the end of them not only will I be lighter but my wetroom will have been functional for a good few weeks and my kitchen complete – I’ll have started thinking about the living room! 

We’ve got this BeYOUtiful!

No comments: