Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Saturday 15 July 2017

Here's to another weekend of not doing it all.

15th July 2017
When thinking about life remember this: no amount of guilt can solve the past and no amount of anxiety can change the future.

Yesterday was a lazy work day, don’t get me wrong I had a to do list it just didn’t get done, I spent a lot of time doing other stuff though and I think that did me more good, some day’s it’s okay to get by on minimal effort.   Having said that, that was only in the day time, once it was time to go to my meeting at four I was full on in ‘let’s do this’ mode, the meetings never get a lazy version of me, that’s the part I love.

Ooo I’ve just found a recipe on pinterest and the photo made me go mmm, so I followed the link, I like the sound of this because it’s all in one pan, you can freeze the leftovers and it’s one of those meals you can do other stuff whilst its cooking.  I’d also be tempted to throw some chicken in if I wasn’t after a veggie meal that day.

Chickpea, Quinoa and Turmeric Curry

Serves: 6 (12sp per person using full fat coconut milk, 9sp per person using reduced fat) I’d be tempted to use full fat on this recipe)

500g new potatoes, halved (12sp)
3 garlic cloves, crushed
3 teaspoons ground turmeric
1 teaspoon ground coriander
1 teaspoon chilli flakes or powder
1 teaspoon ground ginger
400g can of coconut milk (reduced fat is 17sp, normal is 37sp)
1 tbsp tomato purée
180g quinoa (16sp)
400g can of chickpeas, drained and rinsed (7sp)
150g spinach
400g can of chopped tomatoes
salt and pepper

Place the potatoes in a pan of cold water and bring to the boil, then let them cook for about 25 minutes, until you can easily stick a knife through them. Drain them well.

Place the potatoes in a large pan and add the garlic, turmeric, coriander, chilli, ginger, coconut milk, tomato purée and tomatoes. Bring to the boil, season with salt and pepper, then add the quinoa with a mug of just-boiled water (300ml).

Reduce the heat to a simmer, place the lid on and allow to cook. Over the next 30 minutes, stir every 5 minutes or so to make sure nothing sticks to the bottom. (This is quite a long cooking time, but this is how long quinoa takes to cook in all these ingredients, rather than just in water.)

Halfway through cooking, add the chickpeas. When there are just 5 minutes left, add the spinach and stir it in until it wilts. Once the quinoa has cooked and is fluff y, not crunchy, it’s ready.


Ooo yeah I seriously need that in my life, need to do a shop first though, and I’m going to finish this week without doing that I think, maybe arrange for one to come Monday, I’ll spend the weekend getting rid of some more of my cupboards and freezer, I think actually I continue a little longer with it and just buy some fresh ingredients, I have most of those ingredients if I use reduced fat milk,  yeah I’ll see what I do have, and just buy the things I don’t. 

I’m actually sat here thinking tinned tuna, because I know I have quite a few tins of that and they need using and then I can delay spending for even longer and keep this month’s credit card bill down more.  You can’t beat tuna melts, tinned tuna, tinned sweetcorn, light mayo mixed together, top toast with it sprinkle with cheese and grill, mmm.  Sorted!  Or maybe something like this https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/2491647/raidthecupboard-tuna-sweetcorn-cakes I’ll have a think, but for now I need to get ready for my fabulous members this morning, then I’m up for another weekend in the praise of slow.  I’m going to enjoy cleaning my kitchen Sunday morning, it’s my new ritual, I listen to Radio 2 whilst doing it or a good audio book and just zone out of life, and it’s lovely.

Here’s to a super Saturday BeYOUtiful, you ready for that, I know I am.


No comments: