Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Wednesday 26 July 2017

Curry and water = winning combination!



26th July 2017
Nothing is impossible, the word itself says “I’m possible”!


For the first time in weeks I’ve just drunk a pint of water before making a mug of tea, it’s so easy to slip out of newly formed good habits and back into those not so good ones!  I realised yesterday that I hadn’t been drinking so much water and it makes a difference, after all according to the experts, drinking enough water can…

Banish headaches
Improve your mood
Relieve fatigue
Boost your energy levels
Relieve constipation
Flush out toxins
Improve digestion
Promote weight loss
Prevent kidney stones
Boost your immune system
Improve your complexion
Prevent hangovers
Alleviate back pain
Regulate body temperature.

There’s a few of those things I could do with help with, so let’s get back to drinking it I say, how much though?  Whatever you can is better than none!

Break in down, have a drink first thing in the moment, drinking on an empty stomach is a great way to wake your body up ready for breakfast.  Have another drink mid-morning, you’ll have more change of drinking the daily recommended amount by doing so plus it’ll help curb your appetite when your stomach starts to growl.  Lunchtime next, get another glass down you, it’s okay to make it sparking too if you like it, apparently the sodium bicarbonate can ‘aid’ digestion (I don’t know if that’s true but I’ve seen it in print).  Another glass in the afternoon, think about it, at least 6 hours go by between lunch and dinner, you’re likely to get thirsty, listen to your body, and recognise thirst over hunger.  Carry a water bottle around with you.   Before you know it, it’s dinner time, one more glass at least, why not have one before your meal and one whilst eating, come on let’s do this, challenge yourself to 8 glasses today, 2 litres, that’s 4 pints, I’ve already done my first and it wasn’t difficult. 

Changing the subject I had a tin of Sainsbury’s chicken balti yesterday, 9sp and no bad at all.  I love a curry and if you can get one low in points even better, when I saw Chicken Jalfrezi on a members tracker the other day for 2SP, I was ‘WHAT, how!”  It turned out to be a Weight Watcher recipe, so here it is, I haven’t tried it yet but I think I need to.

Chicken Jalfrezi

Serves 4, 2sp per portion

8 spray(s) Calorie controlled cooking spray
2 medium Onion(s), chopped
1 medium Red pepper(s), de-seeded and sliced
2 clove(s) Garlic, crushed
1 teaspoons Root Ginger, 5cm piece, grated (no need to peel)
600g Chicken breast, skinless, raw, diced
1 medium Green Pepper(s), de-seeded and sliced
1 individual Chilli, Green or Red, de-seeded and sliced into thin rounds
3 teaspoons Curry Powder, ensure gluten free
1 teaspoons, level Cumin seeds
400g Passata
1 pinch Salt, and freshly ground black pepper

Heat a lidded saucepan over a medium heat. Spray with the cooking spray and stir-fry the onions for 5 minutes. Add the red pepper, garlic and ginger, spray again with the cooking spray, and stir-fry for another 3 minutes until the vegetables have softened.

Using a hand-held blender, puree the onion mixture with 4 tablespoons of water until smooth, then remove the onion mixture from the pan and set to one side until ready to use.

Return the pan to the heat, spray with the cooking spray, and stir-fry the chicken for 5 minutes until browned in places. Add the green pepper and chilli, then stir-fry for another 2 minutes.

Return the onion mixture to the pan and add the curry powder, cumin seeds and passata. Stir, bring to the boil, then reduce the heat and simmer, part-covered, for 10 minutes, until the sauce has reduced and thickened and the chicken has cooked through. Season and serve.

I’m going to check the spice rack now, I need this in my life!  I’m going to break my ‘eat from the freezer until it’s all gone plan’ and go buy some chicken!  I need something delicious in my world!    The garlic chicken recipe is another one that’s really tasty too http://wwbevsworld.blogspot.co.uk/2017/06/mmm-curry-it-has-to-be-done.html the curry part of that recipe is 4sp, I’ve tried this one before though, so I’ll save it for another day.  And you always want a glass of water with a curry don't ya!

Anyway, need another cuppa and have a lot to do so I’ll be off, here’s to a day of water, you up for that BeYOUtiful?

No comments: