Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Monday 3 July 2017

cheap meal ideas?

3rd July 2017
It's not selfish to love yourself, take care of yourself, and to make your happiness a priority. It's necessary!

Well I've been wide awake since half four thanks to the local drunk and 2 ambulances outside my bedroom window! What a waste of taxpayers money.

Anyhow back to the good part of life, lovely chilled out day yesterday, I had me a bit of a clothes shopping trip, filled those new wardrobes of mine I did. I've got to go food shopping today because I'm cooking in the meetings this week, can't beat a bit of hands on in the meeting and a taster.

The rest of yesterday was very relaxed, I actually feel asleep in my chair and we were in bed before 9, after watching tele all night. I did have an hour in the garden and finally got round to sweeping up the yard, it was a mess.

I've already done an hours work before starting my blog and I know today is gonna be a productive one, once I get going, I've had my pint of water, now got me a big mug of tea. Shopping and cleaning is mostly on the agenda today, the cleaning is my new workout, it might not be as enjoyable as a walk in the countryside but the rewards of having a nice tidy house are almost as good.

It's Monday, time to think about the week ahead and food etc, with what I spent yesterday on clothes, I better start using the freezer contents, it's 22 days to payday – oops!

Skint eating, I think we can all relate to that can't we, one of my members got a bit upset on Saturday because she hadn't lost weight and part of the reason was she was skint and couldn't afford to buy healthy food. Now I know some of you are probably saying 'you can eat healthy cheap' and you can but it's not as easy as it is to eat unhealthy cheap! We need to look more into eating grains and pulses because they are cheap, a vegetarian diet is cheaper because meat is usually the most expensive thing on the plate. I love couscous and it's only £1.20 per kilogram in both Asda and Sainsbury's (I've just looked) that would make loads of meals and it's so easy to cook, I just add one of those stock pots to the water and get it to melt first, or a stock cube, then add to the couscous, put a lid on and leave for 5 minutes. Cooked. You can serve it with anything you'd serve rice with, I like it with a fried egg on top, but then again I like everything with a fried egg on top :)

Yeah let's start sharing our cheap meal ideas, egg fried rice is another goodie, any veggies you have thrown in with rice and an egg, nom nom. I think I might have a go at this recipe from the Tesco website although the points are high, it could be tweaked;

Vegetable couscous
serves 4, 16sp per serving

200g couscous (20sp)
450ml chicken stock, hot
50ml olive oil (16sp)
50ml balsamic vinegar (3sp)
1tsp caster sugar (1sp)
1 red onion, cut into wedges
1 red pepper, de-seeded and sliced
1 large courgette, sliced lengthways
100g vine cherry tomatoes
200g canned chickpeas, drained (7sp)
100g sultanas (16sp)
salt & pepper
Pre-heat the oven to 200°C.
Place all the vegetables in a large roasting dish and drizzle over the olive oil and the balsamic vinegar. Add seasoning and the sugar and toss well to combine. Roast for 20-25 minutes until soft and starting to colour and caramelise.

Meanwhile, place the couscous in a large heatproof bowl. Bring the stock to a boil in a saucepan over a medium-high heat. Pour the stock over the couscous then cover the bowl with clingfilm. Allow to sit for 5-6 minutes until the stock has been absorbed.

Remove the clingfilm and fluff the grains with a fork. Remove the vegetables when ready. Spoon the couscous into serving bowls and top with the vegetables. Serve immediately.

Anyway I need to get on or I'll end up playing on the computer for ages and I don't have time for that. Here's to making Monday matter.


BeYOUtiful – we got this!  

No comments: