Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Tuesday 4 July 2017

Be strong - even if it breaks your heart.

4th July 2017
Don't stress the could haves, if it should have, it would have!


I spent a good deal of yesterday ignoring my to do list and sitting in the sunshine whilst it was here, the rest can wait. I'm cooking in my meetings this week so on the morning I went in search of fresh quorn to experiment, the local Co-op, nor Tesco garage had it, I had to go as far as the big Sainsbury's and they only had a couple of packs and at £7.71 per kg I decided to stick with chicken, I have bought one pack to try though. Then I was going to do the entire shop in Sainsbury's but they didn't have the kg packs of chicken which was £6kg, the smaller ones where £6.54kg, not a bad difference, so I ended up in Aldi where it was £5.59kg and the use by date was a good 4 days longer, British chicken too. The brown basmati microwave rice that I usually buy when it's on offer 2 for £2 was only 79p in Aldi. They may not have had everything I needed for the recipe but they had the majority of it, Asda had the rest, hopefully it'll be delivered this lunchtime and they won't tell me it's 'out of stock'! It all adds up, that's a saving of over £1 on one recipe for a family of 4, taking the cost of the meal to under a fiver. You can save money massively if you think about things, the recipe uses asparagus, but could easily be changed for broccoli which is cheaper.

When I got back, I finally finished sweeping the back yard and got out the skipping rope I'd bought the other week. Once I'd made Alfie realise the rope would hurt him, I managed 108 skips! No uninterrupted, I had a few breaks, change the way I skipped but ultimately I got a sweat on and that's the important bit. If I can do that daily and maybe build up a bit at a time, it's exercise without having to go very far or pay very much. According to the British Rope Skipping Association, 10 minutes of skipping can have the same health benefits as a 45-minute run. Skipping is a full body workout which uses your abdominals to stabilise the body, legs for jumping, shoulders and arms for turning the rope. If that's not enough to convince you, how about Cosmopolitans 12 reasons;

1. The effort it takes to jump rope for 10 minutes is the equivalent of running a mile in eight minutes.
2. One hour of rope skipping will burn up to 1,300 calories.
3. According to the British Rope Skipping Association, 10 minutes of skipping can have the same health benefits as a 45-minute run.
4. Skipping is a full body workout which uses your abdominals to stabilise the body, legs for jumping, shoulders and arms for turning the rope.
5. Skipping is less jolting on your joints than running.
6. Once you've bought your rope, skipping is a zero-cost workout.
7. Skipping helps to improve heart rate and blood pressure.
8. It's a good workout for all fitness levels as you can do it at a pace that suits you.
9. Skipping regularly improves flexibility.
10. It also aids your coordination and balance.
11. A regular skipping session improves muscle tone in both the lower and upper body.
12. Skipping is a weightbearing exercise so can help in improving bone density, thus helping stave off osteoporosis.

Skipping is one of the cheapest, most effective, fat burning workouts you can do. And it's fun too. What's stopping you? I'm convinced, but I'm fickle so ask me again in a week, if I'm still doing it then and again in a month...

I stayed the same on the scales, I'll take that, didn't track at all last week and it was that time of the month, so I'm pleased with the result, need a pound this week, wasn't great yesterday, it's moms birthday on Thursday but as I'll be at work for most of the day we had crisps and pudding in the garden yesterday. I'll be golden today – I promise, here's to the rest of the week on track and without wine.

Ooo it's in writing now, so I'll have to do it...

A lot of yesterday wasn't good but you don't need to hear about that and I don't need to relive it!  We're focusing on the positives in this house at the moment, it really does help.



Ready for a good day BeYOUtiful? I am, we've got this!

No comments: