Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Monday 26 June 2017

Mmm curry, it has to be done.

26th June 2017
You live most of your life inside of your head, make sure it's a nice place to be!

Well what will the scales say today, we shall see! Whatever they say I plan to have another cracking week, see the best part about life is every morning you have the opportunity to become a healthier and happier version of yourself, I'm taking up that opportunity – are you?

I had a very productive day yesterday, having woke up thinking, I'm not in the mood for doing much at all, then looking at the living room knowing I had to at least hoover, something came over me and once I started I just kept going, gave the living room and the kitchen a good going over, I even got the cooker out and did behind it, before cleaning the floor on my hands and knees, my kitchen was so clean and tidy by the end of it, it had an echo! I wasn't up for cooking any recipes though so we had the last of the ready prepared stuff in the fridge, Shawarma style chicken and I added coconut rice and green beans, quite nice it was too. For my tea I had a ham toastie, that was lush. I still haven't looked to see what's in the Freezer, I will do that as soon as I've finished this blog.

Now I found a recipe card on my desk yesterday and it was the first one Weight Watchers did this year and I have to say it was my favourite, garlic chicken curry, now I know I'm likely to lose that card so I'm going to type it here, then it'll be online for anytime I want to make it, I'm definitely making it this week;

Garlic chicken curry
9sp per serving, serves 2
10 minutes prep time, plus marinating. Cook time 20 minutes

Small bunch fresh coriander
3 garlic cloves, crushed
2tsp garam masala
1tbsp mango chutney
2 x 125g skinless chicken breast fillets
1 tsp vegetable oil
1 onion, thinly sliced
400g tin chopped tomatoes
100g basmati rice
2 tbsp 0% fat natural Greek yogurt

  • Cut most of the stalks from the coriander and set the leaves aside. Finely chop the stalks and mix with the garlic, garam masala, chutney and a pinch of salt to form a paste.
  • Using a sharp knife, cut small slashes in each chicken fillet then flatten them slightly. Spread over the paste and marinate in the fridge for at least 30 minutes (or overnight).
  • Heat the oil in a large nonstick frying pan or wok and fry the onion for 5 minutes or until softened. Add the chicken and marinade and turn to coat in the onions. Fry for 6-8 minutes, turning the chicken and stirring regularly. Add the tomatoes and simmer for 5 minutes. Chop the coriander leaves and stir half of them into the sauce.
  • Meanwhile cook the rice to pack instructions, and mix the remaining coriander leaves with the yogurt.
  • Serve the curry with the rice and coriander yogurt.

Delicious it is, I know also that lots of my members have just put all the ingredients in the slow cooker and left it all day, I know when I first did it, I didn't marinate it as I was in a rush and just bunged everything in the pan.  I like it because it isn't a 'hot' curry.

Ooo I could just eat that now, but first I have loads to do, including getting to my meeting to be weighed, I've also got my appraisal with my boss later, might nip in Waitrose for a nosey at the good stuff as I'll be opposite there for my meeting. Need to decide what I'm eating, I want another really good week again, there's one glass of wine left in the bottle then when that's gone tonight I'll have another wine free work week, now that's serious ;)

Right I'm off, here's to making Monday magic, I might do meat-free Monday, go and look for something tasty and veggie, yeah I might, leave it with me.


What's your plan for the day BeYOUtiful?  

No comments: