Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Friday 26 May 2017

late start this morning...



26th May 2017
Sunshine is the best medicine.
Dogs already been walked, I thought I'd do it before blogging and before it got too hot for him, I'm sat eating fresh fruit salad and 0% Greek yogurt and really enjoying it - who knew! I also planned my meals for today, gonna have a big salad for lunch probably with griddled halloumi then for tea curry and jacket as I didn't have the curry yesterday.  Yesterday we had Findus crispy pancakes, smash and veg, those pancakes aren't how I remember them at all, mom liked em, I wasn't impressed.  I did however really enjoy my tea, I had Weight Watchers spaghetti and egg on toast, I honestly don't remember the last time I had spaghetti, never really been a fan but I really enjoyed it. 

Last week one of my wonderful members gave me a portion of peanut curry, it was really good, so here's the recipe;

Pete's Peanut Curry (I don't know who Pete is btw)
Serves 2 - 9sp per serving

150g pre-cooked chicken (2sp)
1 onion
1 chilli, deseeded & finely chopped
1 pepper, finely chopped
1 Knorr herb stockpot (2sp)
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp coriander
1 tsp turmeric
1tbsp madras curry powder (2sp)
1 tbsp sweetener
2 garlic cloves
2 tbsp smooth/crunchy peanut butter (12sp)
2cm piece of ginger, grated
200ml, hot water
400g chopped tomatoes
Handful of coriander

In a frying pan sprayed with fry light, cook the chicken until browned, remove and set aside.  Spray the pan again, cook onion, garlic, ginger and chilli until soft.  Add the cumin, turmeric, curry powder and coriander, cook for 2 minutes then add the chicken, tomatoes and sweetener, cook for 10 minutes.  Place the stockpot on top of the cooking food and allow to infuse. 

Add the peanut butter and the 200ml of water, mix well and cook on a medium heat until the chicken is hot, and the sauce has thickened, sprinkle the coriander over the food, serve with rice (don't forget to point) and side salad.

Right I'm going to enjoy some of this sunshine so I need to get my work done first, hence I'm off :) wanna get my washing on the line (now there's a sentence I never expected to be writing!)  Here's to an awesome day, enjoy the weather, carry on turning our whys into wows, we got this BeYOUtiful.

No comments: