Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Friday 19 May 2017

If it was easy, we'd all be thin! #justsaying



19th May 2017
Sometimes when you're in a dark place, you think you've been buried, but actually you've been planted.

So yesterday was an improvement on the day before, I wouldn't get any awards for Weight Watcher of the week, I can confirm though that the last bag of Cheese & Onion crisps have left the building (damn my brother for bringing more in!  Not helpful at all).  I really did enjoy my meals yesterday though, I've got my hormonal eating head on so am battling again my greedy inner bitch. 

I even tracked it all, I've started a food and mood diary, I want to prove to myself 'why' I'm eating, at the moment I'm under the impression I just love food, but I know I'm kidding myself somewhat, as that bag of crisps last night wasn't needed or planned and had they not been in my area I wouldn't have even through about having a bag of crisps, there are so many other foods I'd prefer to eat over them.

After having scrambled egg on toast with spinach and cherry tomatoes for breakfast (6sp), I wasn't hungry at all, lunch was lush we had chicken kiev (9sp) with smash (I haven't had smash for years 3sp per measured portion), cabbage, broccoli and red pepper.  That was tasty too, not sure I'd spend 9sp on shop bought kiev again when I could make something very similar for lower points. 

One of my BeYOUtiful members bought me my tea, how fab is that, a peanut curry (6sp, delicious and I need to recipe for sure, really, really good.

Anyway, so I've decided that I need to really get to know my new eating/drinking habits, hence the diary and that I'm going to just focus on small losses, chip away at it a little at a time and very much take the 80/20 approach. 

There needs to be organisation and planning to my shopping, hence I've just started my next online shop but I've not started it an hour before I need it delivering!  I'm going to give myself a day or maybe all weekend to work out what I need, there's plenty in the fridge/cupboards to get me through the weekend and then I'll truly know my next shop will be a really good, healthy, thought through one because I keep forgetting stuff like cottage cheese - I love it and I never buy it.  I need to remember the other 'healthy' choices I actually really love and forget about.

I noticed a post the other day asking why was Fat Free Cottage Cheese free on No Count and pineapple was free on No Count but Fat Free Cottage Cheese with Pineapple wasn't?  I've just checked the ingredients whilst doing my online shop (yes you can do that and work out the SP before putting things in the basket!) and as you can see, it's because it doesn't just have pineapple added to the Fat Free Cottage Cheese, it has other stuff added too which makes it no free on No Count, so I shall be buying the plain version and a tin of pineapple and making my own!

Fat Free Cottage Cheese with Pineapple Ingredients
Fat Free Cottage Cheese (from Milk) , Pineapple (21%) , Cornflour , Oligofructose Syrup , Lemon Juice from Concentrate , Salt , Flavouring .

 

Fat Free Cottage Cheese Ingredients

Fat Free Cottage Cheese (from Milk) , Salt .

Yeah I'm going right back to basics, back to the days when I used to look to get a huge plate of food for minimum Smart Points, this could be fun.  Hopefully the weather will get sunny soon which makes that challenge easier for me because I can have platefuls of salad.

What else does going back to basics look like for me;

Making sure I drink a couple of pints of water.
Aiming for 8 portions of Fruit and veg.
Tracking it all.
Wearing my fit bit and trying to get to 10,000 steps a day when possible.

Mmm, what else, I'll think about it, but first I need another glass of water and then I need to go plan my meals for the day.

Enjoy your Friday BeYOUtiful, I plan too.

No comments: