Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Saturday 1 April 2017

Would you rather be Beautiful or BeYOUtiful?



1st April 2017
Be brave enough to listen to your heart.


Ooo first of the month, bring it on I say, March ended well, a lovely morning yesterday spent with smashing ladies at Angies Scensty party, I'll admit it, I'm an addict, they just smell so good!  I've also got the samples to look after for a few weeks so anyone wants to sniff the smellies just let me know, you can view the warmers online https://lynnewyatt.scentsy.co.uk/ but it's nice to have a sniff of the waxes.

Then a lovely meeting last night, we had a good giggle and all agreed to move a little more this week, I of course will just continue with what I've been doing, I'm getting all the exercise I need from getting rid of stuff in my house - boxing up books this weekend, the ones I'm never likely to read anyway. 

Alfie and I did have a lovely walk over the part lunchtime too, I even let him sit down and watch the world go by for 20 minutes, he was in his element and I was glad to stop and rest for a little while, plus my feet have asked this week, they don't like the transition from boots to shoes at all.

I've just seen this poem on Pinterest and I love it;

Don't be Beautiful by Nikita Gill

They keep saying that beautiful is something a girl needs to be.
But honestly?  Forget that.  Don't be beautiful.
Be angry, be intelligent, be witty, be klutzy, be interesting,
be funny, be adventurous, be crazy, be talented -
There are an eternity of other things
to be other than beautiful.
And what is beautiful anyway
but a set of letters strung together to make a word?
Be your own definition of amazing, always.
That is much more important than anything beautiful, ever. 

I get to know so many woman who have been bought up to believe 'beautiful' is everything, not forgetting 'thin' and it's just not true, it's why I talk about BeYOUtiful because to me being the best version of YOU is beautiful, it's not about a look it's about a feeling inside.  A sense of self, of self worth, of self love, self confidence, if you can be happy in your skin regardless of its shape or size, if you feel good being you.  If you can be brave enough to go out there and be YOU and do YOU - that's BeYOUtiful.

Please bring your daughters up (heck and your sons) to know they are perfect being themselves, to not try to be anyone else, you can't beat being the best version of yourself.  That's my belief anyway and when I see people embracing who they are, their own personalities and accepting themselves for who and what they are, then realising that actually other people like that version of them, it's a glorious sight to see.

So, I'm off to be my BeYOUtiful self with my members this morning, then I'm gonna have a massage and chill out with my mom, the remaining clutter can wait till tomorrow, today NOTHING is being done, I'm having a lazy afternoon and putting my feet in a bowl of bubbly water, having me a glass or 3 of wine and finding something to watch on tv - ooo that already sounds great, early night too I think.

No comments: