Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Wednesday 12 April 2017

Whoops I did it again! Ate too much that is!

12th April 2017
It's never too late to start over. If you weren't happy with yesterday, try something different today. Don't stay stuck. Do better.

Okay so I gained another 1/2lb, so today is officially Day 1, yeah, yeah, yeah, I know you've heard it all before but you know what so have I, I've said it so many times, I've been watching my weight for as long as I can remember, probably since the day I left school.  I've been truly lapse with it all the last few weeks and the scales have been witness to the damage, since the end of February, it's been sneaking on and now I'm half a stone heavier!  Basically I'm back to what I was at the beginning of January, I know I should probably be bothered but for some reason I'm not, I do however realise for my health, it needs to stop.  My knees hurt this morning, they've been hurting on and off for the last week, inflammation, it's in my hands too, especially my left thumb - random, but it hurts a lot. 

I'm thinking including foods in my diet that help with inflammation may be worth a go, but also omitting foods that might not be helping to cause it is an even better idea.  Foods high in sugar and saturated fat can spur inflammation, apparently they cause overactivity in the immune system, which can lead to joint pain, fatigue and damage to the blood vessels - so that's me told!  I don't need to list those foods, they're the ones high in Smart Points that usually taste good and begin with a C, cake, crisp, chocolate etc!

Foods I'm going to be adding to my shopping list and my plate are oily fish such as salmon, mackerel, tuna and sardines, mmm I like all of them, I've got salmon in the freezer already, they're high in omega-3 fatty acids which have been shown to reduce inflammation.  Several times a week they reckon though and baked as opposed to fried is preferable.

Ooo whole grains are another one and I like them a lot, this means losing any of the white stuff, i.e. white bread, cereal, rice and pasta, whole grains have more fibre which has been shown to reduce levels of C-reactive protein (a marker of inflammation in the blood) plus they usually have less added sugar.

Dark leafy greens are good, I like these too, again they say the vitamin E may play a key role in protecting the body from you ready for this 'pro-inflammatory molecules called cytokines' yeah tell me about it, we just need to know 'eat this, it's good' really don't we, so eat spinach, kale, broccoli and cabbage as it has a high concentration of vitamins of minerals, I actually have some in my fridge too.

Nuts are good but high in Smart Points, so I'd eat them sparingly, it says particularly almonds which are my favourite, but I like the salted ones.  Other stuff worth eating includes soy, low fat dairy, peppers, tomatoes, beetroot, ginger, turmeric, garlic, onions, olive oil, berries and tart cherries (yep sweet cherries don't have the same effect!)

I've been thinking more about what to include and less about what to exclude, I think writing this blog has made me realise that I actually do eat really well but some crap has crept in and I'm obviously eating too much or I wouldn't be gaining weight.

I ate quite well yesterday, I had bacon and tomato sarnie for breakfast, although the bacon wasn't my usual, they'd sent me the wrong one so it was a bit fatty.  Lunch was Bulgur Wheat, Quinoa & Rainbow Vegetables, I really enjoyed this, we had it with a bit of pork on top, I can take or leave the pork if I'm honest, more fish for sure in future, I'd rather have salmon over pork any day.

For my tea I had Wheatberries Lentils & Green Vegetables, it had been sent as a substitution for my Brown Rice & Green Vegetable Stir Fry, I'm so glad I kept it, it was really tasty, I've never had wheatberries before but I'll definitely have them again.

I spoilt it by eating a bag of cheese and onion crisps and a scone, that I ate just because they were there - this is a new bad habit that has crept in over the last week or two, the crisps have become a nightly thing for about ten days, so that stops now and the scone, well I don't know what came over me! 

Here's to a much better day, I don't like having sore knees so any weight lost can only help to relieve those symptoms.

My water glass has been emptied, I'm off to fill it again, got a busy day today, vets, opticians, work, so I'll make sure my water bottle is full and I'm organised.  That gain needs to be gone, so I'm starting over, my bestie is away so I've got nothing planned at all for the next week, Easter's not going to be a problem as it's just another weekend in our house, I'm working Friday and Saturday.  Yeah let's do this!

Enjoy your day BeYOUtiful, I'm off to check my fridge for goodness and planning my day ahead.

No comments: