Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Saturday 29 April 2017

That moment you hate the Scales!



29th April 2017
Everything you need, your courage, strength, compassion and love: everything you need is already within you.


There's nothing more disappointing than stepping on the scales and not seeing the loss you expected, I really don't like to see my members upset, it's awful, because there's absolutely nothing I can do or say to make that pain go away.  I can explain why, tell them the results will show, but I know no matter what I say, that person is going away with a heavy feeling in the pit of their stomach and a miserable face (even if it's hidden with a smile in the moment and a 'I'm okay' comment).  I can't control what happens next, how they choose to behave, this is the bit that's most important because this is what will affect the results on those damn scales the following week.   

Some walk away determined to get that result, others walk away totally wounded thinking to themselves "Right, tried really hard and didn't lose weight did I, well you watch me show you how not to lose weight, what shall I eat first!"  We all know the latter makes absolutely no sense at all, but it won't stop them, I've done it myself in the past.  The subconscious mind is crazy sometimes and if you've ever been in this position we both know our inner gremlin shushes our inner yoda and tells the logic, the calm and the clever inner yoda to shut his damn mouth because his way hasn't got you a loss over the last week so you might as well eat all the pies and earn the gain!   Oh yeah that inner gremin makes a good point in that moment, she's a good talker, she's the same bitch who can convince you it's a blooming good idea to stick another £100 on your credit card to cheer yourself up when you get your credit card bill and you realise it's higher than you thought and it's going to take you months to pay it off.  She has a mad, stupid logic all of her own and no one messes with that barmy cow!  Especially if she's hormonal at the time, then you just back away like you would if you were stood in a field wearing red and there was a bull standing in front of you!

Next time you have an unpleasant experience at the scales like this one, remember this blog, I know you'll probably be telling me to shut the ..... up in that moment, in your head if not actually out loud and again, I get it, I've been that girl.  I actually feel sorry for all the leaders (coaches) that have had to put up with the face of doom that I have laid forth on many a weigh day.  I'm grateful for it also though because it is how I got the job in the first place, I'd had that weigh in, it hadn't happened, a stayed the same after an incredible week, there I was sitting in the meeting with a face like a slapped backside, raring for a row, when some women I've never met before in my life asks me how I've done!  Never ask a women with that face, that question in a Weight Watcher meeting I say!  Anyway I tell her I've gained, she starts to 'coach' me and I remember saying something along the lines of 'don't tell me how to be a Weight Watcher, I've been following this plan since I left school!'  I just wanted her to go away and leave me to have my pity party, I was wallowing and I was doing it well.  She didn't she was persistent and told me she was the Area Manager and had I ever thought about becoming a leader, the rest as they say is history.

Anyway, I only lost 1/2lb this week, but I wasn't disappointed, I didn't actually think to myself 'It's ONLY half', I was chuffed because I've stopped obsessing about it, I've started focusing on being as healthy and happy as I can with the weight loss becoming the side effect of that. My life's changed, I've got older, heck I got excited because my washing dried yesterday - that's how my life is now and you know what - I love it.

My bedroom wardrobes and units got finished last night, my bedroom is now ready to accessorize, my beds not coming till the end of May which I'm a little disappointed about as I thought it was a 4 week delivery, but nevermind, I can get my bedding all ready and just put the cushions and stuff on this one till then.

It's all coming together, need shades for my ceiling lights and something to disguise the radiator but that's it complete really - looks so good, just needs the floor hoovering - again!  Then I've got some laminate floor cleaner too. (See I'm talking cleaning products, my how my world has changed!)

Not today though, no, today is all about fun.  I'm off to work this morning to have a giggle with my Saturday bunch, then a sneaky massage before my bestie comes over and we disappear to the cinema to watch Guardians of the Galaxy 2, we may go for food too, we shall see.

Hope you've got something nice planned this weekend, another Bank Holiday for you to survive - we can do this BeYOUtiful, here's to a fab day.

No comments: