Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Monday 13 March 2017

Oops, I did it again ;)

13th March 2017
You just can't control everything.  Let go a little and just let life happen.
Mmm what shall I blame for my weight gain this week?  I could say it was my hormones, I'm due on any day - late actually, but unless I'm the next Mary we don't have anything to worry about there!  Or we could blame the fact that when you give something up you really life, you have far too much of it once you can have it again!  Then there's the packet of nice biscuits I fell into last night, they wouldn't have helped at all oh and the M&S meal deal I'd forgotten was in the fridge yesterday when I wanted to do a No Count day but realised the Gastropub goats cheese lattice en croute had to be used by the 12th March so we had all 24sp of them for lunch.  They weren't all that either, I wouldn't want again that's for sure. 

There are just a few reasons, oops forgot the portion of chippy chips I had in the week too, they wouldn't have helped, so the impressive 2 1/2lb gain to add to the 1 1/2lb I gained last week is very much deserved.  Some of it was enjoyed but some was purely because it was there, the fridge is empty of excessively pointed foods and I have a delivery of good healthy stuff arriving today, I've had the reality check I needed, I honestly had convinced myself I might get a stayed same and now I've gone back over that stone, so I'm ready to get a grip.

No guilt here though, it is what it is, I know I can lose weight when I put my mind to it, I know this is what I do, I actually don't want to be "cured" of this particular behaviour pattern if I'm honest, it's who I am. Time to

Get a grip
Sort it out
Draw a line
Wipe the slate clean
Start afresh

At the same time I need to not make any wild promises I cannot keep, realism is necessary for successful weight loss, I'm never afraid to start over, to admit I've gone wayward.  Starting over is a brand new opportunity to do it differently, or repeat what I've done when I've been successful.

I am going to write down every meal I eat this week, get myself some meal ideas going on so when I'm not in the right frame of mind, I have a list of go to meals that will help me eat healthier when I want to eat dreadful.  I need shopping list ingredients to match those meals too would help.

Mondays always a good day to start over, I want to work on quick and easy ideas too, fresh foods  and fast.  I've got stuck in a rut and there's no need, this is a delicious meal and I haven't made it in such a long time, it is No Count too if you use the oil as your daily allowance, you can throw some cooked chicken in too if you fancy adding even more protein, but honestly it may not look the best but it tastes amazing and can be easily microwaved to warm up for a fast meal.  

33sp total, Serves 4, 8sp per serving
Try this delicious one-pot meal with lentils, a rich source of iron to boost your energy and love you up.

1 tbsp olive oil (5sp)
2 onions, chopped
3 crushed cloves garlic
1 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp curry powder
½ tsp cinnamon
4 sliced carrots
100g dried lentils (8sp)
200g brown rice (19sp)
500ml stock
1 diced apple (unpeeled)
4 sliced spring onions

In a saucepan, heat the oil over medium heat; cook onions, garlic, cumin, curry powder and cinnamon, stirring often, for about 5 minutes or until softened. Stir in carrots, lentils and rice; cook, stirring occasionally, for 1 minute. Pour in stock and bring to the boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for about 20 minutes or until rice and lentils are tender and most of the liquid is absorbed. Stir in the apple and spring onions, then cook, covered, for 5 minutes or until the spring onions are heated through.  

Right my task today is to sort my cupboards and see what ingredients I have so I can then decide what meals I can make, I know what I can do with the ingredients I've ordered, delicious fish, lots of stir fry veggies, wholewheat couscous, wholewheat tagliatelle to do a bit of No Count and gnocchi to try something different on a counting day.  Yeah my foods got a bit boring and samey and that's never good for me, I like flavours and different things, I'm looking forward to getting creative this week, watch this space BeYOUtiful....

What are you looking forward to this week, have you had to draw a link or are you all good and on it?  This time next week, I'll be telling you I'm back under the stone and I've had a good week, not great because my bestie is coming to stay on Saturday but I'm going to get us something healthy and delicious that day I reckon - limit the damage.

Right I'm off to get me another glass of water, start as I mean to go on.

No comments: