Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Sunday 8 January 2017

A day off work for me today...



8th January 2017
Owning less is better than organising more.


What a wonderful day yesterday was, Saturday morning giggles were most certainly had, lots of them before, during and after the meeting, it's not all fun and games at the meeting though, there's weight loss going on of course, and a fabulous 120lb was lost on those scales yesterday morning - how fantastic is that for the first weigh in of 2017!  It was well worth members getting weighed on New Year's Eve, even knowing they would be out partying that night!

After my meeting I went for a lovely massage which had been paid for by my lovely Saturday members, how fab is that, it was so good too, she chilled me out so much I was nodding off in my chair so early last night we were in bed easily by half 8, I'd been snoozing a good while by then.  I did stay away long enough to watch My Big Fat Greek Wedding 2 though and I have to say it's a great film, we both really enjoyed it. 

I had steak for tea, no idea what's on the menu today, need to spend some time this morning checking the fridge and cupboards and planning for the week ahead because if it's as crazy busy as the past week has been, I need to be organised!  Meal planning and shopping list needed I reckon, then I have no excuses at all. 

Today's my day off, no office work being done, all about me and mom, so I'll be busy tomorrow morning because I've got to take mom for an xray on her hip, still I need a day off, I need me some kitchen time for sure, I've got me a book to start, I shared a Facebook post last month about a book club idea and the first one has arrived, I would never have bought it but I'm going to have a go.

This Tandoori Chicken fakeaway has been recommended to me, think I'll add it onto my planner for the week;

Tandoori Chicken & Green Chutney (3sp per serving)
Serves 4, 10 Smartpoints values per recipe
Takes 40 minutes + 2 hours marinating

1 onion, chopped roughly
1/2 green chilli, chopped
2 garlic cloves
2cm root ginger, sliced
2 tsp garam masala
1/2 tsp ground turmeric
Calorie controlled cooking spray
3 tbsp tomato puree
200g virtually fat free natural yogurt
450g diced skinless chicken breast
400g can chopped tomatoes
200ml chicken stock

For the green chutney
4 tbsp fresh coriander
2 tbsp chopped fresh mint
1/2 green chilli
Juice of 1/2 a lime
2 tbsp virtually fat free natural yogurt

Place the onion, chilli, garlic, spices and seasoning in a small food processor  with 4 tbsp water and blitz to a paste.  Fry the paste in calorie controlled cooking spray in a non-stick frying pan for 4-5 minutes, stirring, until the paste is quite dry and aromatic.  Add the tomato puree and cook for 1 minute then tip out on to a plate to cool.

Combine half of the curry paste with the yogurt in a non-reactive container, stir in the chicken, cover and marinate for at least 2 hours.  Chill the rest of the curry paste ready to make the sauce.

When ready to cook, preheat the grill to high, and tip the reserved curry paste into a lidded saucepan and add the chopped tomatoes and chicken stock.  Simmer, covered, for 15 minutes. 

Spread the marinated chicken out in a single layer on a foil-lined tray and grill for about 10 minutes until the chicken is cooked through and starting to char at the edges.  Tip the tandoori chicken into the curry sauce and simmer for 3-4 minutes.

Make the green chutney by blitzing all the ingredients together in a small food processor (or use a hand blender).  Serve the chutney drizzled over the curry. 

To serve: Add 75g cooked rice per person for 3 SmartPoints values or cauliflower rice for Zero SmartPoints, then you could add a Weight Watcher Nann Bread for 4sp.

Right that's me, I'm off to do me stuff, to relax, read, cook, eat, all the things I love to do.  However you're planning on spending your day, take care of you and focus on the healthy and happy BeYOUtiful, you're important too!

No comments: