Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Tuesday 27 December 2016

Signing a contract...



27th December 2016
Believe in yourself and you will be unstoppable.
Today is the first Tuesday this year that I don't have to get up and go to work, I'm still up at the same time though, my body clock just likes to wake up in the morning and go to bed early.  Now my batteries are recharged, I'm contemplating house sort out, one room at a time over the next few days!  I need to really and it'll be nice to have a good cleanse, get rid of stuff, sort stuff out, iron stuff that I haven't worn in months.

I did absolutely nothing yesterday because life is all about balance, you don't need to always be doing, sometimes its okay and absolutely necessary to shut down, kick back and do nothing, yesterday was one of those days.  Actually I did walk the dog twice so at least there was movement involved, oh and eat, I had roast turkey dinner round two, it's all gone now, so glad we only had a small turkey though, wouldn't want to be eating that for days.

Who's ready for change, who's had enough of the turkey and tinsel and is ready to get their healthy on?  To help you, I've knocked up a contract below for you to complete and sign.

Contract

I ___________________ understand that I am attempting to improve myself each day.  
I commit myself to my goals, and in turn, commit to rewarding myself appropriately when a goal has been accomplished.  These rewards will be neither edible or drinkable, however they will be enjoyed.  

 I, _________________, commit myself to this healthy and happy behaviour for the duration of this contract, ending________________.  

I will remind myself to strive for progress not perfection.


Signature ________________


Date________________

Once you've signed the contract you need an action plan, yep not an action man, although if you can get one of them, why not, especially if he does housework! 

What are your goals, get specific about what you really want, now having lost weight before Christmas (although I reckon half of that's gone back on over Christmas) I was enjoying feeling slimmer, feeling more comfortable in my clothes, I liked seeing the photo of me in my Christmas Santa outfit, I was enjoying cooking healthy meals, taking walks in the fresh air and generally looking after myself.  The weight loss was an added bonus.  What do I want to achieve?  What do you want to achieve?  What will 2017 look like in our own personal world?  Ask yourself questions like what is the one thing you can't not do to be happy?  What changes do you need to make?   The more specific and clear we are about our goals the more likely we are to achieve them.

If you have the one big weight loss health goal, you'll need to break it down, oh and don't be afraid to dream big, you can lose a lot of weight if you're willing to put the effort in, my members do it all the time.

I have a number in my head I'd like to get to, I don't know how far away from it I am right now because I've gained weight over Christmas, but last Thursday, it was another 15.5lb away, I'm guessing it's about nearer 19lb away now - oops!

Okay so I've got my big goal - have you?  Now to break it down into smaller goals, will you set a timeline for each of those goals?  I think my small goals rather than weight related will be habit related, the ones I blogged about the other day, drinking that water, going for that walk, hitting that step goal, doing some housework, having no alcohol days, eating fruit and veg, tracking everything, not eating after 8.30pm, sitting up the table to eat, taking time for me and time to smile and getting plenty of sleep.   All of these habits when undertaken regularly are what enable me to hit my weight loss goals.  Yep we can do this! 

When I take the time to focus on me and my needs I do feel better, happier and healthier - I need to remember and remind myself of this.  Some days I know I see that list as a chore, when really it's not, it should be a pleasure because it ultimately makes me feel good.

We can see change as painful, but nothing is as painful as staying stuck somewhere you don't want to be.

What does your perfect self look like in your head - go be that person, work towards being that version of you - YOU GOT THIS!

BeYOUtiful, decide today to stop standing in your own way. xx

You may have noticed that the contract had the space to put an end date, have you chosen one? I don't ever intend to stop trying to improve myself so my contract has no end date - what about yours?

Contract

I Beverley understand that I am attempting to improve myself each day.  
I commit myself to my goals, and in turn, commit to rewarding myself appropriately when a goal has been accomplished.  These rewards will be neither edible or drinkable, however they will be enjoyed.  

 I, Beverley, commit myself to this healthy and happy behaviour for the duration of this contract, ending never! 

I will remind myself to strive for progress not perfection.


Signature B Longsden
 
Date 27/12/16

No comments: