Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Tuesday 20 December 2016

No thanks, oh go on then...



20th December 2016
Time does not heal everything but acceptance will heal everything.
It's the most wonderful time of the year!  It actually really is, that doesn't mean it comes without it's challenges so it's also a great time to practice patience and also a little self control. 

I'm not suggesting you 'diet' over Christmas, you can however still give the fundamentals of the healthy and happy lifestyle you've chosen.  "Blowouts" don't have to be daily or even worse hourly, "indulgence" doesn't have to lead to "over-indulgence" and heartburn, plus all the other side efforts that go with putting too much in your body.

I've just had a lovely weekend, yes I've indulged but I've not kept going.  I'm sure if I were to work out the Smart Points I'd consumed it would easily be a week's worth in 2 days, it wasn't ridiculous though.  I've actually not bothered with the third meal and gone light on the first meal when knowing the second meal was going to be a biggy. 

I do intend to have a really good Christmas but I shan't be making myself ill in the process, I'll be remembering that "NO" is a complete sentence and using it occasionally, especially as my mom will be sat next to me with goodies galore I'm sure.  Last night I said yes to a custard cream but no to another one and a jammie dodger - it can be done without spoiling any of your Christmas fun.

We went out for lunch yesterday but actually ended up changing our mind and running away from the pub, it was so funny but I think you had to be there.  We ended up getting chip shop and I'm once again cured of that craving for a good long time!

12 meetings till Christmas for me, starting this morning, I've been so impressed with my members keeping it real this year, there's a few want to hit certain goals this week so I do hope they manage it. 

It is a good time of the year to remind yourself that you didn't just get healthy for the sake of it, it does make you feel better.  Use the full sentence that is 'NO' more often, by all means add a thank you at the end of it.  Of course it's not just saying no to food, but to doing things you don't have time for or don't want to, so alternatives to use could be "No, I'm so sorry" or "No, I simply can't".  You don't have to justify the sentence, or give a reason for declining, no is enough. 

Time is precious as is life, so use that word no wisely and take back some of that precious time to do the things that are important to you, it'll be as good for your health as saying no to second helpings.

On that note, I need to go shower, load my car and get ready for work this morning!  Have a great day, it's only 5 more sleeps!

No comments: