Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Wednesday 14 December 2016

Enjoying the sunrise



14th December 2016
Worrying means you suffer twice - Newt Scamander
Had me a lie in and I'm just sat looking at a wonderful calm pink tinged sunrise, glorious start to the day.  It's going to be a busy one so I'm not going to rush the start, just sit here and enjoy it, luckily I can touch type so I'm watching whilst typing ;)

I really enjoyed my meetings yesterday too, one of my members last night said "I just want to build sandcastles in the sand" and that thought has stuck with me since.  Life really is all about moments and making memories, I have so many but I still need/want to make more.  I still have hills and beaches to walk on, laughs to have but for now I'll just settle for a week off relaxing and chilling with my mom.

We watched Bill Brysons film at the weekend, A walk in the woods, I loved it and it reminded me of some of the long hikes I've done and has given me a longing to do another, something to go on the 'one day' list, until then I'll work out a way to enjoy shorter walks, closer to home on my days off, preferably when its dry ;) We're lucky to live in the midlands, so many places, so close by.

However first, I need to get rid of this back pain and sciatica that's reared its ugly head again, as nothings very pleasant with that going on.

I keep meaning to cook this recipe but it's so simple I never get round to it, so I thought if I shared it, that might encourage me to have a go, maybe tomorrow as I'm out for lunch today;

Salmon Rarebit
15sp each (serves 2)

300ml skimmed milk (4sp)
100g half fat Cheddar, grated (8sp)
40g plain flour (4sp)
213g canned pink salmon, drained and flaked (5sp)
4 slices wholemeal bread (9sp)

Place the milk in a pan with the Cheddar, flour and mustard and cook over a low heat, whisking continuously, until you have a smooth, thickened mixture.

Remove from the heat and fold in the salmon.

Toast the bread lightly on both sides.

Top one side of each with the salmon and cheese mix.

Place the rarebit under a hot grill for 2-3 minutes until golden brown and bubbling.

Serve with rocket to garnish.


Also these are always a good edition to the Christmas celebrations and just enough to say you've had a taste;

Mince Pie Pinwheels

2 SP's each. 10 Minutes to prepare plus resting and chilling, 12-15 Minutes to cook. Makes 40 Pinwheels
375g (13oz) ready rolled puff pastry 120g (4oz) mincemeat Finely grated zest of 2 Clementine's ½ tsp icing sugar
Unroll the pastry and cut in half to produce 2 rectangles approximately 18cm (7in) x 23cm (9in)

Place 1 rectangle on a large piece of cling film. Spread half of the mincemeat in a thin layer over the pastry, right up to the edges, and scatter over half the zest. Starting at one of the long edges, roll the pastry up into a tight cylinder. Wrap tightly in cling film.
Repeat with the remaining pastry, mincemeat and zest. Place the 2 pastry cylinders in the freezer for 30 minutes. Meanwhile, preheat the oven to gas mark 6/200°c/fan oven 180°c.
Remove the pastry from the freezer and unwrap. Using a serrated bread knife, cut into 1cm (½in) slices—each one should make 20 pinwheels. Place the rounds on a large non-stick baking tray with plenty of room between each one. Bake for 12-15 minutes or until golden and cooked in the centre. Remove from the oven and cool for 2-3 minutes before removing from the baking tray.
Sift over the icing sugar and serve, ENJOY!

Rogjt tje slu os mpw [eacj cp;p

Right the sky is now peach coloured and as you can see from the line above, I had my fingers on the wrong keys ;) Here's to having a great day, whether your fingers are on the right keys or not - none of us get it right all the time, it's called being human.  All we can do is work on being better xx

No comments: