Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Thursday 15 December 2016

Be Kind, especially to yourself xx



15th December 2016
When you find no solution to a problem, it's probably not a problem to be solved, but rather a truth to be accepted.
10 more sleeps ;) YAY! I'm looking forward to it now, ready to chill out and enjoy a break, we've also got family coming at the weekend, it's beginning to look a lot like Christmas. 

Handed out lots of certificates last night too, proving members are still engaged in taking care of their health, one of the best for me was to Bram, he'd been for his annual diabetes check and he'd completely reversed it and been told he no longer needed medication and that all his other tests, cholesterol etc were all excellent for a gentleman of his age - made my night that did, to know that he'd made such a difference to his health.  We all have the power to change our health to some degree by changing the way we eat and move a little bit more.

I had a good chat with someone yesterday who was trying to please everyone and be liked by all, I reminded them of one of my favourite sayings "What other people think of you is none of your business", I believe this is so important to remember because we can't please them all, not everyone will like you and that's okay, you don't need to be liked by all, those that matter think you're wonderful.  The quote is one of Byron Katie's, she's an amazing lady well worth a look into, her website is www.thework.com, she has a really interesting approach of getting you to look at your problems!  Another one of her quotes is "It's not your job to like me, it's mine" again very true, it's important to be happy in yourself, with yourself and to like the person you are, then you will behave differently and attract the kind of people that deserve you in their lives.  When you do or say anything to please, get, keep, influence or control anyone or anything, fear is the cause and pain will be the result.  Expect nothing from anyone and you'll never be disappointed, life's good if you let it be.   

Took me a long time to realise it was okay to be me, the real me my mom got to see daily, once I started to let others see that version, turned out they liked her and those that didn't, well I didn't notice because I was too busy being happy and surrounded by love. 

I'm also blessed that I get to spend my working day with so many of those good people, from my helpers to my members, it's really the best job in the world, I love it so much, good job really as I'm about to start a 12 hour day!   I'm especially loving this week because I'm finding out things about my members that I didn't know already, despite knowing some of them for a very long time, we all have our stories don't we and it's great when we share them.

I'm thinking a veggie Thai curry today, taking the recipe from page 88 of the One Pot and replacing the beef with sweet potato, think that will be tasty or I might do that Salmon Rarebit because mom will enjoy that, mmm yeah.  Before that though, I better get my backside into gear and get ready for work.

Here's to a happy, healthy day BeYOUtiful, smile more, even if you don't mean it, fool your mind. xx


No comments: