Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Saturday 31 December 2016

A BeYOUtiful manifesto



31st December 2016
There are far better things ahead than any we leave behind.  C.S. Lewis

It's 2.55am!  I've been awake since 2 at least I'll be ready for work this morning, it's all good.  I had an early night and I can always have another one tonight, I don't really do New Years Eve, I'm the one that gets woken up by the rabble and the fireworks at midnight.

If life was meant to be controlled, it would come with a remote - how true is that!  We can however do things to control certain things like our behaviour.  It's this time of year where we all start thinking about what those things will be, Dry January, no sugar for 12 weeks, joining the gym, different things for different people. 

I like the idea of writing a personal manifesto, what's one of those I hear you ask, well here's a definition found online;

A manifesto is a published verbal declaration of the intentions, motives, or views of the issuer, be it an individual, group, political party or government.

So here's mine;

A BeYOUtiful Manifesto

I promise not to beat up on myself.  I promise to love myself.
I will remember my self-worth is not based on what I look like or how much I weigh,
That doesn't define me and is not who I am.
I will empower others, not judge them (or myself),
I'll be kind & keep my sense of humour.
I will remember that just because I've had a bad day,
it doesn't mean I have a bad life
and even on the worst days,
I will remember my needs are important too,
that I am BeYOUtiful and I am enough.

What would yours say?  You can steal mine if you like, I stole bits myself from another one I'd seen online - steal with pride I say, isn't that what Pinterest is all about!

What are the benefits of writing one?  It's a constant source of inspiration, something you can read quickly every day.  If can help to focus your mind, remind you of your life intentions even on a bad day. 

So many of us have the best of intentions at the beginning of January, it's following through that matters, no one can change overnight, it takes time and effort, one day at a time. 

I'm going to be handing out a booklet in my meetings today (and all next week) a Smart Start, it's all about saying YES to a flying start because good results in those early weeks of a weight loss programme are linked to better overall success.  I'm going to use that booklet myself, the first thing I need to decide is which approach I'm going to follow Count or No Count.  I'm thinking No Count today, I'm off for breakfast with my mate and I'm thinking, poached eggs, beans, tomatoes, mushrooms, they're all on the No Count list, wonder if they have crumpets?  We shall see, if not Counting it is. 

I went shopping yesterday for fresh stuff, I have a bowl of salad in my fridge - hurrah!  Ham salad for tea it is then, see that's No Count too, yeah I do fancy a bit of No Count, to get my appetite back under control and of course my alcohol intake!

Right you've got to do it for it to work, so I'm ready to do it now, the only dangerous stuff left in the fridge is a bit of cheese, it's all good.

Here's to a super Saturday BeYOUtiful.  Happy New Year, enjoy your weekend, however you plan to spend it.

No comments: