Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Monday 12 December 2016

12 days to go...


12th December 2016
And now that you don't have to be perfect, you can be good. John Steinbeck



12 days to go, for me that's 24 Weight Watcher meetings, then I get my first weeks holiday of 2016, to say I'm looking forward to it is an understatement.  A whole week of not having to get out of bed at 4.30am, heaven. 

Yesterday I didn't get round to making my curry, I'll do it today, I did wrap and package 60 gifts though ready for the hostel, I shall take them tomorrow now as my car will already be empty then, if I take today I've got to empty it out and I spend enough time emptying and filling my car!

I'm not going to lie, I didn't track this weekend at all, I know it's not the brightest way to start off my Christmas season, I can say I haven't gone crazy, I sat watching mom eat cheese and onion crisps yesterday and resisted!  Everywhere you look there's food!  Even on Pinterest when I go on to find an image in the morning, there's food recipes all over it now, I just got excited over eggnog cookie cups!  I mean, behave, I can't be baking them, there's 18 in the recipe!

We watched a great film yesterday though, "Man up", a really good heart warming, very funny film, I'd definitely recommend, mom and I laughed together the whole way through it.

I might - I'm not promising, but I might tidy my bedroom today!  If I can do that today, then my office next, I might not have to spend any of my week off doing the big tidy, that would be nice.

My kitchen is still clean and tidy since I did it last Wednesday, I'm quite impressed with that, long may it continue.  The forecast is rain so I may as well spend my morning being productive, I'm writing it down in the hope that it will motivate me to stick to the idea.

3 weeks today we'll be in a new year, now is a good time to stop and think about how you want the next 3 weeks to go, do you want to obsess about it all or have a more relaxed attitude.  Will constantly saying "I shouldn't" make you want to do it all the more?  If you give yourself permission to, are you less likely to feel the need?  Only you know how your mind works, I know mine works better if I say I can have it if I want it, I know my memory is so bad that if I can't see it, I forget about it, so my plan is to think about the stuff I'd like when I see it, hope I forget about it later and try not to have too much of the stuff in the house to tempt me - can't eat what isn't there!

On that note, I know my fridge is almost empty, so I am going to have to go buy some food, I have no bread, running out of the fresh stuff, I'll stay away from the tempting stuff when I do go and fetch food.

Here's to a wonderful week - whatever that might look like in your world, every weeks a wonderful week in my world whatever direction it goes in.  

No comments: