Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Monday 14 November 2016

I shall be ignoring my inner greedy this week!



14th November 2016
One reason people resist change is because they focus on what they have to give up, instead of what they have to gain.

Monday's usually my day off but I have a training session this afternoon, so I'm going to have to be a functioning adult today!  Boo!  At least I seem to have this head cold a little on the run, let's hope so anyway, still not right but a lot better thankfully. 

We had an amazing chicken dinner yesterday, roast sweet potatoes and potatoes, cabbages, carrots, roast onions, Yorkshire, stuffing and gravy, mmm so good.  It was a roast dinner meal deal thing where you got the gravy and stuffing as part of it, I was stunned to find out the stuffing had 24 points in the tray - ouch and so not worth the 6sp for 1/4 of it, shows not everything high in points tastes better.

The dinner was delicious, I'd put 18 down to cover it and I didn't eat again for the rest of the day because it did the satisfaction all round thing, after a meal like that I don't need re-feeding for a long time.

I've got so much on my to eat list now I need some order, my shopping came yesterday so I need to see which foods in fridge need using first. I thought I'd ordered eggs but I hadn't so I'll need to nip in a shop today.  I'm thinking Zesty Salmon Burgers today, was tagged in this video https://www.facebook.com/officialgoodful/videos/1356970744373388/ and here's the recipe with points. 

Zesty Salmon Burgers

Makes 4 burgers - 6sp each

For the sauce:
¼ cup yogurt (100g = 2sp)
2 tablespoons spicy dijon 1sp
1 tablespoon dill, chopped
2 tablespoons chives, chopped
1 ½ teaspoons honey 2sp
For the salmon burger:
16 ounces fresh skinless salmon 15sp
½ red onion, minced
1 tablespoon dill, chopped
1 tablespoon prepared horseradish (optional but recommended!) 1sp
½ teaspoon honey 1sp
1 ½ teaspoons sea salt
½ teaspoon pepper
PREPARATION
1. In a small bowl, combine yogurt, spicy dijon, dill, chives, and honey. Set aside.
2. Cut salmon into ½ inch cubes and transfer to a food processor. Pulse 5 times.
3. Add onion, dill, horseradish, honey, salt, and pepper and pulse a few more times to combine.
4. Form mixture into 4 patties.
5. Drizzle small amount of olive oil into frying pan and heat pan to medium-high. Cook patties for 3-4 minutes until browned. Flip and cook another 3-4 minutes until browned.
6. Serve on your favourite multi-grain bread with yogurt dill sauce.
7. Enjoy!
Yeah I've even bought the bread rolls to go with them, 5sp each.  Bread is so high in smart points, when I sat at computer checking out the points in things I was considering ordering some bread rolls were as high as 9 or 12sp!  Scary stuff.

I'll probably have leftover chicken dinner stuff for tea, so that's today sorted.  I've got the makings of a beef stew, so if I'm feeling energetic today I'll get that made in advance, always tastes better later.  I've also got grey peas and bacon bits to make, so I might put the peas to soak ready to cook tomorrow and eat Wednesday.  That's most of this week sorted, I fancy eggs and cress sarnies too. 

Love eating I do!

Right I'm hungry now, is it wrong to want a chicken and gravy toasty for breakfast?  Mmm, might have to be done.

It's Monday BeYOUtiful, let's start the week as we mean to go on, 6 weeks today, you'll have eaten like a beast the day before and hopefully had a fabulous Christmas day and be planning a Boxing day walk!

No comments: