Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Friday 4 November 2016

Doing it - one pound at a time!



4th November 2016
How can you be a wise one if you've never failed - you have to fail to learn.


Another day in the bag, weigh day was good, 1 1/2lb off at the scales, meaning I've lost 8.5lb in the first 5 weeks of my 12 week challenge, when I started I wasn't brave enough to think about how much I might lose, my goal was just to get to the end of the 12 weeks still focussed, tracking and on it.  Now however, I'm getting like I have a number in my mind, 7 more weigh days, I'd be thrilled to get the stone by Christmas, so that's another 5.5lb, I can do that I'm sure, I just have to tell doubt to do one when it starts to rear its ugly head.  I'm starting day 37, I've been okay for that long, which means 47 more after today, I can do that. 

Self belief is a wonderful thing, that's why I haven't been able to do it all year, I haven't believed I could.  I should've realised your world is a reflection of your thoughts, change your thoughts, change your behaviour, ultimately we are what we believe we are.  Right now I believe I'm going to get to the end of this year a stone lighter than I started it!

Sometimes the hardest part of a weight loss journey is believing that you can do it, for some it's believing they are worthy of the trip!  Trust me you are, more than worthy of the effort it takes to get healthy, to work on yourself.  So today be aware of what you're saying to yourself, be careful of those words and thoughts, they can sabotage your success way more than the odd jam doughnut!

And don't forget to reward yourself along the way, I don't mean with food - you're not a dog!  A simple "well done" to yourself is a good start, but for me at the moment, my rewards are audio books, I'm treating myself to one every week so I enjoy my 30 minute walks.

So I lost weight, I'm 1.5lb off my 5%, not focusing on the numbers through - honest!  I'm focusing on eating 3 good, delicious meals a day.  The delicious is important, I need to be physically satisfied but also emotionally satisfied, I realised that Wednesday when my lunch didn't quite hit the brain needs, I was left wanting something more, not because I was hungry but because I wasn't satisfied, it didn't hit all the right buttons.  I've learned from that for sure, I've got to enjoy the meal 100%.

I enjoyed everything I ate yesterday, I started my day with a ham and cheese triangle toastie for 7sp, lunch was chilli chocolate beef, beans and vegetable rice for 12, then my tea was pitta pizzas for 13sp.  All very tasty indeed. 


Good food, enjoyed and a result at the end - what more can I ask for!

So here's to another day on track and enjoying it, got a few errands to run before I cook up something delicious, then go to my meeting tonight.   The rain needs to stop though, I've got a 30 minute walk to go on :)

Believe you can and you're halfway there BeYOUtiful.


No comments: