Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Wednesday 5 October 2016

Week 1 almost in the bag...



5th October 2016
Just believe in yourself.  Even if you don't, pretend that you do and, at some point you will. Venus Williams


Another good day in the bag yesterday, 30 minute walk done, 3 healthy meals eaten, one happy lady at the end of the day and I slept well.

Here's to Day 7, then I'll have one week down, 11 to go to achieve my Christmas goal, still not putting a number on that goal until I've been weighed tomorrow ;)

I know full well I'm in the honeymoon period of my weight loss plan, the first week, when you're all enthusiastic is easier than all the other weeks when temptation is being thrown at you from every angle.  Just thinking about the coming 11 weeks (which I haven't done at all this week because I didn't need to), there are lots of things coming up, Halloween (won't affect me, we have two witches in this house all year round!  Then there's bonfire night, another event I won't be doing anything on.  Hopefully though there will be lunches and drinking with my bestie a few times but I've proven this week I can eat well and have a drink and hopefully the scales will prove that tomorrow.  Can I say if there isn't a weight loss, you'll all hear it - whatever part of the country you're in!

Having said that, I feel better so it's all good, I've really enjoyed my meals this week and I have more enthusiasm which was my intention.  I was more energetic at the weekend too - did some gardening #WWGoMe!

These were my days meals yesterday;


Breakfast; Sainsbury's Flatbread (3sp) with 2 bacon medallions (1sp), mushrooms, spinach and Cathedral city lighter (2sp) = 6sp 

Lunch - Beef Kofta curry & rice 9sp - recipe here http://wwbevsworld.blogspot.co.uk/2016/09/up-at-stupid-oclock.html

Dinner - Crack Chicken Cob - 10sp

I cooked twice yesterday both the curry for lunch and threw ingredients for slow cooker crack chicken in too - I know, I didn't invent the name, the internet did, it was good though, this was the recipe;

Slow Cooker Crack Chicken
Serves: serves 6 (10sp per serving using Philadelphia light)

2 lbs boneless chicken breasts (9sp)
2 x (8 oz) (450g) blocks cream cheese (phil light = 29sp) (extra light is 17sp)
2 x (1 oz) packets dry Ranch seasoning
8 oz (450g) bacon, cooked crisply and crumbled (streaky = 21sp) you could use medallions to lower points, I'd be tempted next time (450g - 9sp) I'd defo use the medallions for that saving as it wasn't the bacon that made the dish.

1.    In a slow cooker combine place chicken, cream cheese, and Ranch seasoning.
2.    Cook on low for 6-8 hours or on high for 4 hours, until chicken shreds easily.
3.    Once chicken shreds stir with a large fork or spoon, so the chicken shreds and all the ingredients combine.
4.    Add in crumbled bacon and stir to incorporate.
5.    Serve warm.

Now Ranch seasoning isn't a regular in our shops so I did manage to find a recipe to make my own, this was it;

Dry ranch seasoning recipe

1 teaspoon dried parsley
3/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 teaspoon seasoned salt
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon onion powder
1/8 teaspoon dried thyme


I had it for my tea on a huge Sainsburys crusty cob, they're 25p each and only 4sp, I used about 6sp (max) of the chicken mix and it was awesome.  The flavour is quite strong so I could've maybe used less seasoning, I made 4 times the ingredients and used 2oz which I weighed on my scales, I'd probably make it next time with a little less.  I reckon a sprinkle of crispy onions or fried onions would be immense on the top, you don't have to use loads of oil to cook them.  Yeah on a jacket spud with the crack chicken, mmm, some broccoli on the side to balance it all out - perfect.  Bloody love food I do and as a Weight Watcher I can indulge in it too. 

I'm cooking for my bestie today, a Jamie Oliver dish from his latest Super Foods series, if it works!  I'll share that recipe with you tomorrow, can't wait to play but need to go shopping first as have NONE of the ingredients - as you do.

Right it's half 7, I slept in - go me, so I'm off to do stuff, hope your day is as good as mines going to be, here's to my Day 7 and whatever day you're on.

#12wksgoal #MyWWJourney #WWGoMe #BeYOUtiful

No comments: