Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Saturday 10 September 2016

Do I just give up, accept my fat fate?



10th September 2016
Don't downgrade your dream to fit your reality, upgrade your conviction to match your destiny.

Oops I gained 1/2lb this week, ooo what shall I blame - muscle!  I did do that charity walk, nah, I could say it's the menopause.... Nah, mmm it could be that 24sp meatballs and spaghetti meal I had - I don't think so.  Could be that I went shopping hungry and without a shopping list last Sunday!  Or it could be a combination of a lot of things, the fact I stopped tracking 100% sometime around Monday, the fact I didn't actually stay within my 30sp allowance on any day, the fact members are still feeding me and I'm still saying yes.  So that will have a lot to do with that 1/2lb gain.

What now?  Do I just give up, accept my fat fate?  Do I start drinking full fat milk, full sugar coke and eating lard and takeaways every night?  No of course I don't, I continue to address the things I'm not doing, and you know what, I'll re-address them as often as I need too.  After all what's that saying?  If at first you do succeed - STOP!  No, that's not it, the saying goes If at first you do succeed, try, try again.  That is what I intend to do!

In my meeting yesterday when we were talking about support and one member mentioned that they can just ignore the treats in the house, but another can't have the stuff in the house, whilst listening I realised at different times in my life, I have been both of those personalities, for many years there have been treats, crisps, desserts, chocolates, biscuits etc in my house and they've just not bothered me, unfortunately at this moment in time, I'm not that person, I struggle to resist those foods just because they're there - not even because I adore them.  I've just turned into a truffle pig it seems.  That's okay though because I'm acknowledging it and I'm aware of what's going on, plus I'm working on changing that habit, or at least not giving that habit chance to continue, how?  I'm removing the temptation, my mom has strict instructions to keep that crap out of my vision.  I'm much better if I can't see it, out of sight is definitely out of mind.

I'm also getting myself support, I can't do this on my own and there is so much support out there, let's be honest, why would you want to do this by yourself when it's so much easier with support and in the Weight Watcher world there's so much available!  So I'm planning to take full advantage of that.

I'm also going to sit and think about what I want to eat, not just walk mindlessly round the supermarket and getting excited by what's on the shelf, I'm going to sit down and think about the meals I fancy, what I need to buy and not over buy! 

And I will keep going back to basics as often as I need to do because I know that I have patterns, they can be short lived or last years, I'll go with the flow and do what I can.  I'll never give up though because I matter as do you BeYOUtiful. Never forget that.

Now let's have a great day, a brilliant weekend and a cracking week.  Sounds good yeah :)

No comments: