Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Sunday 7 August 2016

What have you changed?



7th August 2016
What the caterpillar calls the end, the rest of the world calls a butterfly. Lao Tzu


We had an extremely early night last night, I've been drained all week, great being a woman ain't it though, poor Alfie was poorly crying and throwing himself round the floor, it was either his back or his belly but he seems okay this morning, so the best place for all of us was bed and I've slept, had lots of dreams but managed to sleep till half 6 so all refreshed now.

We went to see BFG yesterday, I'd never read the book so didn't know what it was about, but they've made a good kids film, Lynne and I both had a little snooze in there somewhere :)

Not sure what we're up to today, if moms game we can have a drive, maybe lunch out somewhere, take Alfie with us of course, the forecast looks positive.  If she doesn't fancy that, then we'll have a walk round the estate and the afternoon up the garden, either will be equally enjoyable. 

We've talked about changes in the meeting this week, things we could change to help our weight loss, we looked at the things we've already changed.  They included portion sizes, plate sizes, milk from whole to skimmed, butter to low fat spread.  My favourite was attitude, lots of people have changed their attitude, instead of wanting a quick fix they've realised it's a life style, healthy eating is a forever thing, making changes to your eating habits and lifestyle that you can continue to do forever. 

Changes to your environment help too, don't have your fruit hidden away in a cupboard, have it out on the side where it can be seen and you'll be more likely to eat it.

I don't buy things I can't resist, that's the biggest change I've made, I know if I buy a 6 pack of crisps, I'll eat them!  No brainer there then, I'm not tempted by something that isn't there.

I don't keep the flyers and menus that come through the door advertising the local takeaways, if they're not there, I can't drool over them and order!

See how these little changes make a difference.

The main change I've made though is probably if I've had a really rubbish week, like this week, where I've been hormonal, tired, cranky and ended up not tracking, not caring about what I was eating, and knowing the scales weren't going to smile, I don't let it continue, I wake up on the Sunday morning and say right lady, let's get a grip.  Let's go check the kitchen out for what I do need, that will mostly be the green fresh stuff because I'm still working my way through the freezer.  I did buy a chicken yesterday and cook it before going to the cinema so I could make myself a sandwich with it when I got back at least.  So I can use the rest of that today for something, might make a little roast dinner for mom and me if we don't eat out, a few roasters, tinned veg, sorted.

Anyway, I've got a meeting to plan for next week, thinking of using the Eat Well for Less programme as inspiration, summer means skint for most folk, kids want, want, want, so the money has to come from somewhere.  Yeah that's my first task of the day, after I've made mom a cuppa, she's just woke up.

No comments: