Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Monday 8 August 2016

Wanted... more sleep please!



8th August 2016
Don't let anyone rent a space in your head, unless they're a good tenant.
Well a trip to the vets is on the cards today, Alfie's cried on and off all night so I'm a little tired as you can imagine, it's no fun watching the clock praying for sleep, I can't see anything obvious so I'm guessing it's his back or stomach - who knows! 

We did manage a lovely few hours at Weston Park earlier in the day though, we enjoyed sitting watching the dragonflies, we saved a drowning wasp and watched the buzzards and the heron flying past.  Then we enjoyed some lunch whilst people watching, I had a pork roast dinner and mom had cheesecake, I chose pork because I'd read earlier in the day that someone who doesn't like pork hasn't cooked it properly.  It was a well cooked piece of pork and not horrible but pork would still not be my first choice of meat, Alfie really enjoyed sharing it with me though!   I like our laid back slowed down life, a few hours in the garden when I got back sitting, reading and enjoying the quiet - bliss.

I will go buy some fruit and veggies today!  We had chicken wraps for tea last night I did manage veggies with my breakfast omelette and my lunch if not my tea, so two out of three ain't bad.  I need to think more about what I need to get, because I've been using the contents of the cupboards I've not been thinking about making the meals balanced.  I fancy a massive salad today, all nice fresh ingredients and maybe a fruit salad too, mmm I can taste it almost!  I shall be making my own as that works out cheaper than buying the prepared kind and it won't take much longer, it's my day off so I have the time, yes I have lots of other things to do but today I want to focus on eating healthy. Mom will be able to manage a bit of fruit now I reckon if I focus on the softer fruits.

It looks like it's going to be another lovely day but with Alfie not being right I reckon we'll be staying home, I'm going to finish my book hopefully and maybe do a bit of catnapping because if I've had 3 hours sleep that's my lot, I don't function without sleep.

Guess where Alfie is!  He's asleep now, oh yeah, he woke me up one last time at 6.30 with a bark then fell asleep!  It's a good job I love him.

Right I'm going to get me a mug of tea to ease me into my day slowly.  I'll leave you with this recipe, this week in my meetings I'm all about cheap and convenience, so this sounds like a tasty meal, if you don't have the spice, once you've got them they'll be useful in so many recipes. I found the recipe on http://www.skinnytaste.com and she Smart Points her recipes = bonus!  Although I've just repointed so not sure I agreed with her numbers as I'm assuming it's an American website.

Turkey Taco Lettuce Wraps
Servings: 4 • Size: 2 lettuce wraps
 
500g Turkey breast mince (6sp)
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp salt
1 tsp chili powder
1 tsp paprika
1/2 tsp oregano
1/2 small onion, minced
2 tbsp bell pepper, minced
3/4 cup water
4 oz can tomato sauce (if this is puree it's 1sp per tablespoon)
8 large lettuce leaves from Iceberg lettuce

(optional) 1/2 cup shredded reduced fat cheddar (Extra Smart Points)

Directions:
Brown turkey in a large skillet breaking it into smaller pieces as it cooks. When no longer pink add dry seasoning and mix well. Add the onion, pepper, water and tomato sauce and cover. Simmer on low for about 20 minutes.
Wash and dry the lettuce. Divide the meat equally between the 8 leaves and place in the centre of each leaf

Here's to a cracking good day BeYOUtiful! Let's sparkle ;)

No comments: