Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Friday 12 August 2016

It's all good!

12th August 2016
Every time I judge someone else, I reveal an unhealed part of myself.


What are you afraid of?  Have you lost weight before only to regain it?  Is that what's really holding you back this time, is your subconscious telling you how bad you felt after you regained it last time, how disappointed in yourself you were and how you don't want that feeling of failure again, isn't it better to just stay fat than to fail?

That thought pattern just guarantees you're not going to achieve anything, imagine if a baby hadn't got back up after it fell the first time they attempted to walk, we'd live in a world of people that crawled everywhere for fear of falling!

I don't care how many times you tried, it's this time that matters, you can't change the past but you can change the NOW. 

Maybe you don't feel 'bad', you might be overweight but still like yourself and your okay with your reflection in the mirror, maybe it isn't bothering you when you see those numbers go up on the scales because you don't feel bad, so why worry.  Why should you lose weight if your weight isn't bothering you?  Mmm, this ones a toughie because most of us live in the past if the truth be told, some of live in the moment and most of us don't think about what might happen to our bodies in the future.  When we don't care what we look like, we need to think about health, not necessarily how we feel today but our future self, obesity is attributed to a lot of deaths, I'm not going to say stats, scare tactics rarely work.  But even moderate weight excess (10-20 pounds for a person of average height) increased the risk of death.  I know I don't like to read that sentence, but the experts say people who are obese (having a BMI over 30) are more likely to die from all causes, compared to people at a healthy weight.  But we tend to think NOT ME, I'll be okay! Will you?

The list is long for complications attributed to being overweight, if not today, it could happen tomorrow and fortunately every pound you lose can help decrease these risk factors.

If that's still not enough to motivate you to lose weight, think about your loved ones, most parents I know would do anything to be able to watch their kids grow up, to be able to play with their grandchildren, to grow old with the one they love.  Every pound you lose will increase your chance of that happening. 

Yeah you could get hit by a bus, but what if you don't, do you want to spend a large chunk of your life with diabetes, high cholesterol, high blood pressure or worse?  I don't and I don't even have kids or a significant other, I still want to spend however many years I have on this planet feeling as healthy as I can.  When I got out of bed this morning, I had pain in my feet, I know those feet would be happier carrying a stone less of me, so today that's my reason for eating healthy, for aiming to lose a pound over the next week, for not eating a load of crap. 

If I need to I'll pick a different reason every day to remind myself of why I want to lose weight because some days I don't care what I look like, but other days I do.  That's the power of the human mind, it's changeable, mines fickles, so I'll work with it, not against it. 
And yes, I've done it before and I've put weight back on but I don't feel like a failure because at least I'm trying, I've not given up.  I've accepted that things happen, I've changed and I need to work with this version of me and this lifestyle that I have no.  I'm not the same person I was 20 years ago when I spent half my life in the gym, she had no responsibilities at all.  Nor am I the same person as I was 10 years ago, she was travelling all over the world having fun, she didn't have any responsibilities either, she had a mom that took care of everything, did all her washing, ironing, cooking, cleaning the lot. I'm a different Bev now and I'm getting used to being this version of me, I'm doing alright, I have to say, I do like this version of me, I love my life, I've just got to lose a stone of me :) you can have too much of a good thing.

Now remind yourself of your reasons BeYOUtiful and let's have an on track weekend!

No comments: