Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Wednesday 20 April 2016

Wednesday already!



20th April 2016
Angels can fly because they take themselves lightly.  G K Chesterton
Yesterday was a good day, I'm not talking food wise, I'm just talking about getting into bed on the night and thinking 'yep I'm happy with my lot', I'd had lovely meetings all day, even if I did forget my ipads and got stuck in traffic going back to get them - can't run the meeting without them! 

I ate freezer surprise for dinner, it turned out to be beef stew, so that's a little more space in the freezer, hopefully by the end of the week, they'll be a lot of space in there and I'll have saved a few pennies.  Going to have roast chicken today with rosti potatoes and veggies, looking forward to that.  I've never actually made rosti from scratch myself, but I think I'll have a dabble soon when I have been paid and been shopping.  Sounds easy enough, it's just grated potato.  You could make them even healthier by adding some courgette and they'd be No Count too; 

Courgette Rosti  
150g Courgette, trimmed and coarsely grated (4sp)
150g Potatoes, Raw, scrubbed and coarsely grated 

Mix together the grated courgettes and potatoes and squeeze to remove excess liquid. Stir in the dill and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.

Spray a frying pan with low fat cooking spray and heat until sizzling. Add the mixture and flatten with the back of a spatula, pressing down hard to make it thin. Cook for 3-4 mins before inverting onto a plate and slipping back into the pan to cook the other side. Cook for a further 2-3 mins until golden and crispy. Divide into 4 wedges.

Yeah that sounds tasty and quite easy!  Something different and new too.

I'm looking hearing the new things my members have tried this week, it all adds choice to our journey, we can be guilty of being a bit samey in our eating for sure.  When you love food a much as most Weight Watcher members do, why would you not try to find and try as many different kinds as you possibly can! 

I also found out yesterday there's a few No Count cook book coming out next month, I cannot wait to get my hands on that, lots of lovely new recipes to try, nom nom. 

I'm thinking eggs for breakfast for a change, maybe with tomatoes and mushrooms and a bit of toast, one of my favourite breakfasts that is, even with 2 eggs, it's only 7sp or completely free on no count, as I always have Warburtons 400g wholemeal bread which is No Count.

Right I'm gonna get off cos there's not a lot going on in my head this morning other than work and want a mug of tea, another thing I love about No Count, I don't have to point the milk so I can have as many mugs of tea as I want!  As soon as I've done my shopping, I'll be doing a few good no count days I think.

Here's to making the most of midweek Wednesday, I've got my lovely Bloxwich babes to see this morning, then my awesome Ashmore crew tonight, I get paid to for it too - how lucky am I. 

Here's your recipe for today, make a good Friday night fakeaway.

Chicken Tikka with Minted Onions
SERVES 4 ~ Prep time 10 mins + marinating ~ Cook time 10 mins ~ SmartPoints 7 per serving

140ml low-fat crème fraîche
60g gluten-free tikka curry paste
2 tsp artificial sweetener
500g skinless chicken breast, cut into pieces
Calorie controlled cooking spray
2 onions, 1 chopped and 1 finely sliced
2 tsp mint sauce
200g crunchy salad leaves
Fresh coriander, to garnish

Combine 100ml of the crème fraîche with the curry paste and sweetener in a bowl. Add the chicken and toss to coat. Marinate for at least 3-4 hours.

Mist a pan with cooking spray and put over a medium heat. Add the chicken and chopped onion and fry for 10 mins, stirring, until cooked and golden.

Meanwhile, mix together the sliced onion with the remaining crème fraîche and the mint sauce.

Serve the chicken with the salad and minted onion. Garnish with the coriander.

No comments: