Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Saturday 30 April 2016

Was your April Awesome?



30th April 2016
A beautiful heart can bring things into your life that all the money in the world couldn't attain.

I only went and lost 2lb! That was 5 days of No Count and two days of being sensible but probably going over my Smart Points allowance as I didn't track.  Now to keep that momentum going and not get cocky!  We did go for posh lunch but I have to say I was so full when I left I didn't eat again for the rest of the day and I'd only had a banana for my breakfast.  Eyes bigger than my belly springs to mind, the starter had me almost full before the main even arrived.  Alfie was pleased as he got some T-bone steak from my doggy bag! 

Last time I went to a Miller & Carter I loved the onion loaf thing, this time I couldn't eat it, it was too greasy, I did however really like the wedge of lettuce with a stilton and blue cheese dressing that was really good, cool and crunchy after all that heavy food.  It's definitely something I'll be replicating in my own kitchen, I'm sure I can find a similar dressing in the supermarket for low Smart Points, just looked on Weight Watchers website and Sainsbury's Be Good To Yourself Blue Cheese Dressing is only 1sp for 3 tablespoons - that's going in the basket!

Couldn't get to sleep either, so I've not had the best night's sleep, thankfully don't feel tired this morning, I do however still feel full and stodgy which means I must have been eating really well lately if one meal out has made me feel like this. 

I keep forgetting to get a loaf too, so I don't know what I'll have for breakfast, might just grab a slice of toast at my meeting later, or stop at garage and get crumpets - mmm, that's an idea and they're No Count so could set the theme for the day!

This week I'm feeling the No Count love again with more vegetarian options, I'm all meated out for now after yesterdays meat fest lunch, don't get me wrong I ain't cutting it out all together, but I can't see me eating red meat this week until the thought of how I'm feeling right now is well and truly gone!

If you've been in my meeting this week, we actually talked about this feeling and if you're there this morning we will!  I am that over-inflated balloon, and as it's still there the next morning, I'd say mine was filled with helium!

I find it hard to blog when I have something else going on in my head, so I'm going to go and get ready for work as I'm distracted by something else, I do hope the weathers kind for you all this bank holiday weekend, we really do need some warmer weather.  Catch ya tomorrow. Oh before I go, was your April Awesome?  Have you thought about how you're going to make May marvelous or magical?  We'll come back to that tomorrow when my heads in the room!

One of my wonderful members gave me today's recipe, it's one of her fav's, courtesy of the Hairy Biker's, Spanish style Chicken Bake.

Serves 4 ~ Prep 15 minutes ~ Cooking time 1 hour ~ 13sp per serving (use chicken breast and it's only 7sp per serving.

1 medium onion, cut into 8 wedges
1 medium red onion, cut into 8 wedges
500g new potatoes, quartered lengthways (12sp)
8 whole garlic cloves, unpeeled
8 medium tomatoes, quartered
75g chorizo (10sp)
8 boneless, skinless chicken thighs (30sp) or use 4 chicken breasts for 6sp
½tsp sweet smoked paprika
½tsp dried oregano
1 green pepper, deseeded and cut into strips
Flaked sea salt
Freshly ground black pepper

Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F/Gas Mark 6. Put the onions, potatoes, garlic and tomatoes in a large roasting tin and season with sea salt and lots of freshly ground black pepper. Toss everything together lightly and roast for 20 minutes.

While the vegetables are roasting, skin the chorizo and cut the meat into thin slices – 5mm is about right. Put the chicken thighs on a board and carefully slash each one 2 or 3 times with a knife. Season all over with black pepper. Mix the paprika and oregano together and set aside.

Take the roasting tin out of the oven, scatter the chorizo over the veg and turn everything a couple of times. Place the chicken on top of the vegetables and chorizo and sprinkle with the paprika and oregano. Season with a little salt and return to the oven for 20 minutes.
 Take the tin out of the oven. Holding one corner carefully with an oven cloth, lift the tin a little so all the juices run to the opposite end, then spoon and drizzle the juices back over the chicken. Tuck the pepper strips loosely around the chicken and vegetables.

Turn the oven up to 220°C/425°F/Gas Mark 7. Put the tin back in the oven for another 20 minutes or until the peppers are just softened and the chicken is golden and crisp.

 

 


No comments: