Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Friday 8 April 2016

Oh well, let's see...



8th April 2016
Comparison is the thief of joy!
Managed a bit of a lie in this morning, it's almost 6 and I'm logged on ready for a very long day of work, it'll be quite a weekend of work this week but it'll be worth it in the long term when all of my meetings are paperless and I'll be able to spend the time at home in my office on things that matter, like looking after my members outside the meetings.  What I'm not impressed with at this moment is my internet connection seems to be really, really slow, and I'm going to be relying on that all weekend, so I do hope it's only a short term thing!  I won't be able to post this blog if it doesn't start working, but I'll carry on regardless.

It's been a great week in meetings this week, I've handed out quite a few gold packs, which is of course always a highlight of the job, extra special because some of these members have lost weight purely on Smart Points, they joined at the beginning of the year proving it works, the others lost it using ProPoints last year and Smart Points this year, so there's the proof, the plan works, we just have to follow it! 

I know I'm in danger of going off track with such a busy weekend, I also know I'm sat here thinking, I've got so much to do that the last thing I need is a 35 minute each way drive to my meeting this morning to get weighed and find out I haven't lost weight, I'd be amazed if I have!  I'm not tracking, I'm not eating bad but I'm not within my allowance at all.  So I have two choices, I either make the time to go get weighed and draw a line, get my tracker out and get on track so that this time next week I'm sat here excited about going to get weighed or I can miss my meeting, probably carry on the way I'm going and more than likely get a gain next week! 

Mmm, let me think.... 

Which is easier short term - skipping the meeting, using my workload as my excuse.  Which is harder in the long term - skipping my meeting because it'll take no time at all to regain those pounds I've managed to lose since January and you know what, I don't want to!  Yes I love me, I'm happy in my skin but I don't want to get bigger, I don't want to be unhealthy and I do want to make April amazing.

Just answered my own question really haven't I, I will be going to get weighed, the paperwork can wait a couple of hours, I'll also use that time to get my tracker sorted, use it as a planner, so that tracking just becomes the checklist - that sounds like a plan.  I already feel more positive, just by stopping for ten minutes to think about me and my needs, not only everyone else's.  At some point I'll need to shop too, I think I'll make the shopping list first then shop over the weekend at some point.  I've got cooked chicken and beansprouts so we'll have that chow mein for dinner today.  I need to look at what else we have, then get that planner sorted!

What you going to do today to ensure you have an awesome April?  Have you missed your meeting this week?  Could you get to another one this week to draw a line, I do one in the morning at United Reform Church, Old Fallings lane, 9-10am, although I can weigh you from half 8 if you're off somewhere, or even between 10-10.15 if you want a bit of a lie in, just let me know to leave the scales out!

Right I'm off to wash and dress because I've got a meeting to get to!  

Here's today's recipe, still cook enough for soup.

Bacon & Lentil Soup
SERVES 4 ~ Prep time 20 mins ~ Cook time 35 mins ~ SmartPoints 6 per serving

Calorie controlled cooking spray
1 onion, finely chopped
250g carrots, chopped
3 celery sticks, finely chopped
4 rashers Weight Watchers Unsmoked Extra Trimmed Back Bacon, chopped
1 garlic clove, crushed
Small handful fresh thyme
400g tin green lentils in water, drained and rinsed
400g tin chopped tomatoes
1 litre hot vegetable stock, made with 1 stock cube

Mist a large pan with cooking spray and add the onion, carrots, celery and bacon.  Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper, cover, and cook over a low heat, stirring occasionally, for 10 mins or until the vegetables have softened slightly.

Add the garlic and thyme, then fry for 5 mins. Stir in the lentils, then add the chopped tomatoes and hot vegetable stock.

Bring to the boil, season with salt and freshly ground black pepper, then reduce the heat, cover and simmer for 20 mins.

To serve, discard the thyme and ladle the soup into bowls.

No comments: