Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Saturday 5 March 2016

WWers don't work! Unless you do it!

5th March 2016
Keep people in your life who truly love you, motivate you, and make you happy.  If you know people who do none of these things, let them go.

Good morning, it may be raining but the heating's on so who cares!  I've got an exciting morning we're going all technotronic in my meetings this morning, ipads at the ready, hotspots, meg, L-plates, boss - ooer!  Am I ready, I'm always ready, even when I haven't got a clue!  We have tea, toast and even cake to help us along so it's all good and I'm looking forward to it.

Now to reflect on the events of yesterday, well, I got up knowing this wasn't my finest first week at Weight Watchers, I'd joined come home all raring to go and full of the task and about Monday I'd started to forget.  Here I was eating amazing meals within my allowance but then there were these moments when it was all going tits up!  They included eating cereal straight from the box - I think that was Tuesday night, frazzles and scratching (I'm blaming mom for taking me down the crisp aisle for that one), biscuits (I'm blaming Shirley from my Weds meeting for that, she gave them me or they wouldn't be in my house), oh then the WWer's new Sticky Toffee bars, I'll blame the products dept for that one.  And of course I take full responsibility for myself and my behaviour because I absolutely knew none of it was helping me towards a weight loss on the scales.

Anyway I got up yesterday thinking I'll gain, there's not a chance I'm getting away with this, so I started to think about all the stuff I used to do when I didn't have a healthy relationship with myself, my body and my weight!  I contemplated putting leggings on instead of the jeans I'd worn the week before.  I thought about skipping breakfast to save an ounce or two and maybe not having a cuppa tea after all it all weighs.  I jokingly asked mom if she had any of her infamous suppositories as I could've done with a little help in that department, thankfully she hadn't and I know I wouldn't really have!  I didn't do any of those things, I had my toast, 3 mugs of tea, a pint of water and whacked on my jeans and a jumper, the scales would say what they were going to say and I was going to take it on the chin and use it as a learning curve.   

Somehow I managed a half pound loss - I'd warned my leader I was unlikely to have a great result, so I think she was as chuffed and relieved as I was! I knew there was a reason I walked in the rain and carried on making my meals healthy and low even after consuming the cereal which I reckon was about 12sp - yeah I worked it out the morning after, even guestimated the portion size to be a 5th of the box!  They say you don't have to be perfect, 80/20 is good enough, and I proved that this week. 

It motivated me enough to make wise choices at lunch after the meeting, I ordered the soup because I was cold and fancied it, but I left most of the bread and butter, I also ordered chicken with salad instead of chips (I KNOW!) then I sat afterwards when I got home and Smart Pointed it all, even the 2 appetisers I had out of the basket of fried tortilla chips they bought out, and the ice cream I ate that my mate left. Why?  Because ignoring that I'd had them isn't helping me get the weight loss I want, also writing it all down helps me understand how many Smart Points my body can get away with to get a maintain result!  Method in my madness.  I had a lovely lunch, we chatted and giggled and it didn't really matter what we were eating.

I ended up having 3sp left for my tea, so I had a beef salad for 1sp and 2sp of chocolate vanilla vodka in my mug of coffee before an early night. 

I will get another weight loss this week, I'll go for the pound but the honest truth is, I don't care how slow it comes off as long as it does, that's 7lb now since January 1st, 9 weeks into the year, I'm good with that, if I keep going at this speed, my shorts will fit me come summer - that'll do me.

Here's to a great day, I'm off to get ready for my busy morning with all my technology!  See some of you later (don't forget your monthly passes).  Here's your Smart Point recipe;

Moussaka
Serves 4, 3sp per serving

A light and healthy, but rich-tasting Greek-style dish.

4 medium aubergines, sliced into 1 cm thick rounds
4 sprays calorie controlled cooking spray
1 medium onion(s), peeled and chopped roughly
4 cloves Garlic, chopped finely
200g Extra lean beef mince (5% fat), raw
2 teaspoons Worcestershire Sauce
2 cans Tinned Tomatoes
1 12 teaspoons Ground Cinnamon
6 sprigs parsley, fresh, chopped
200g Fat Free Natural Fromage Frais
100g Quark
1 teaspoons Smooth French Mustard,
1 medium egg  
Pinch of salt and pepper to season

Preheat the oven to Gas Mark 6/200°C/fan oven 180°C and lay the aubergine slices on baking trays. Season, spray with the cooking spray and bake for 15–20 minutes until golden and nearly dried out.

Meanwhile, spray a frying pan with the cooking spray and sauté the onions and garlic for 5 minutes, adding a couple of tablespoons of water if they stick. Add the meat and stir to break it up and brown all over.

Add the Worcestershire sauce, tomatoes, cinnamon, parsley and seasoning. Bring to the boil and then simmer, uncovered, for 20 minutes, until thick.

Meanwhile beat together the fromage frais, quark, mustard and egg in a small bowl.
In a large ovenproof dish, layer the aubergines with the mince mixture. Pour over the cheese sauce and bake for 45 minutes until the top is bubbling and golden.

No comments: