Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Tuesday 1 March 2016

Sometimes I need a bang on the head!



1st March 2016
'If a cheetah doesn't catch its prey within 300m it gives up'. Stop treating your weight loss journey like prey, be in it for the long haul.

Yesterday wasn't a great day, found myself taking life too seriously, starting to stress about how much I'd got to do when all I wanted to do was go out for the day because the sun was shining, to make matters worse the internet wasn't working at a descent speed (all fixed now) and it all ended with me banging my head really hard on the fridge as I stood up after trying to get Alfie to eat.  It hurt like hell, made me cry and bought me back to reality, I decided I wouldn't be of use to anyone if I worked without a break, I'd worked a large chunk of Sunday and I was doing the same on Monday both of which are supposed to be my weekend, so I stopped, it was about 2ish and I decided to leave it all.  I couldn't get mom out so instead we sat and enjoyed some tele and chilled, I even went to bed early, that bang on the head really hurt, I went tired for most of the rest of the day.  

I made this thought, this made me smile, it's a Bar Bouquet made up on Weight Watcher bars, mom will be able to enjoy that on Sunday and it's a lower Pointed version of a treat.

The one positive was it didn't knock me off track, I cooked three meals throughout the day and I did enjoy a 12g milky bar for 3sp too, do love a bit of white chocolate.  My meals were;
2 low cal bread, avocado, slice of streaky bacon, mushrooms, dry fried egg, rocket and leaves 10SP
Moroccan tagine WW recipe kit from meeting (spicy hot!) 8SP
12SP, cheesy beans, chicken sausage, egg and low calories bread

I'm now ready for my working week, or at least I think I am, physically I am anyways, good night's sleep, thinking another early night tonight won't do me any harm, I'm loving my bed at the moment.  Just done my meditation session too, enjoying this month's topic of generosity, I love that they get me thinking, generosity isn't just about giving stuff away, it's about more as I'm hearing in these meditations, the last couple of days was about being generous with your thoughts.  Just because no one can hear your thoughts.... doesn't mean you shouldn't be mindful of them and the effect they're having on you and others around you.  Your thoughts affect your behaviour, heck they did mine yesterday, I was feeling resentful of having to work on a Sunday, and that I hadn't got time to go drive out for the day.  Oh and that even if I did, my mom didn't want to go anywhere - that doesn't help at all, it occasionally makes me feel trapped which I'm not.  See those thoughts if not observed, acknowledged and in my case dismissed can make for an unhappy mind!

Well as soon as this house warms up, I'll brave the shower, sat here drinking my pint of water, that needs following up with a hot mug of tea!  I'm back in my dressing gown after not having it all last week because it spent the week in my meetings, I did miss it, it's the first thing I put on in a morning until it does warm up!

What to eat today, I might wait till I get to my meeting for my brekkie and have toast, then I've got lots to choose from in the fridge.  Yep today will be a much better day and yesterday finished just fine, mini melt downs allowed and only a little sore bump left on my head as a reminder to stop being so dramatic!

Here's your recipe for the day, it's a pudding for a change, I do like egg custard, I might make this at the weekend, I could divide the recipe into thirds and just make enough for 2 portions, otherwise I'd eat too much!

Baked egg custard

Serves 6, 4sp per serving

600 ml Semi Skimmed Milk   
3 medium eggs
1 teaspoons (level) Vanilla Extract   
25g Caster Sugar   
nutmeg

·       Preheat the oven to Gas Mark 3/170°C/fan oven 150°C/325°F.
·       Heat the milk until quite hot, but do not boil it. Remove from the heat.
·       Whisk the eggs, vanilla extract and sugar together in a large jug, then pour on the hot milk stirring all the time. Strain the mixture through a sieve into 6 individual baking dishes, or into one large dish.
·       Stand the dishes, or dish, in a roasting tin with enough warm water to come about halfway up the sides. Bake for 25-30 minutes for individual desserts, or for about 50-55 minutes for one large dish. The custard should be set and firm to the touch. Cool slightly.
·       sprinkle freshly grated nutmeg over the surface of the custards before baking them.
·       Serve the custards

Make it into something special by topping it with pomegranate seeds!  Or sliced banana would work too.

Enjoy your day BeYOUtiful, try not to be as dramatic as I was yesterday and take this thing called life too seriously, it's really not and a year from today most of it will be forgotten. xx

No comments: