Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Monday 14 March 2016

Cherish all those moments!



14th March 2016
We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.
What a wonderful day we had yesterday, mom and I got in the car to go for a drive and ended up at Talacre beach, singing in the car, walk on the beach, chips and ice-cream, yep we did them all.  The tray of chips were shared and half were thrown away, we weren't really hungry just wanted to say we'd had chips at the seaside.  I had a lick of moms ice-cream again as I didn't really want one.  We were blessed with sunshine, it was 14.5 degrees according to my car, how awesome is that!  Today I'm going to get the couple of piccy's I took printed and restart my scrapbooking, so we can enjoy looking at the wonderful memories we're making together.  I'm blessed to have my mom and Alfie, even if he is a drama dog that isn't keen on sand ;)

Yeah yesterday was a lovely day, just spending time together, talking about nothing in particular, enjoying the scenery as we drove and singing at the top of our voices, see there really is more to life than food!

It was also good to get away from work and normality, it might have only been a day but it feels like longer, how fab is that, I'm completely re-energised and ready for whatever today will bring.

I'm also enjoying find old recipes on my computer, this is another delicious one, that's so good for you too.  Could make today meat free Monday and enjoy this cheap, delicious and nutritious meal, I need to go shopping for lentils now, I do fancy it though so worth the drive.  Yeah I think I'll spend a few hours in the kitchen pre-cooking some meals for the week, save me time later on. 

Right I'm off to get ahead of the game before everyone else wakes up, here's to a fabulous week, focus on the healthy and the happy, tis what makes life worthwhile BeYOUtiful.

A POT OF LOVE
(33sp total) Serves 4, 8sp per serving
Try this delicious one-pot meal with lentils, a rich source of iron to boost your energy and love you up.

1 tbsp olive oil (5sp)
2 onions, chopped
3 crushed cloves garlic
1 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp curry powder
½ tsp cinnamon
4 sliced carrots
100g dried lentils (8sp)
200g  brown rice (19sp)
500ml  stock
1 diced apple (unpeeled)
4 sliced spring onions

In a saucepan, heat the oil over medium heat; cook onions, garlic, cumin, curry powder and cinnamon, stirring often, for about 5 minutes or until softened. Stir in carrots, lentils and rice; cook, stirring occasionally, for 1 minute. Pour in stock and bring to the boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for about 20 minutes or until rice and lentils are tender and most of the liquid is absorbed. Stir in the apple and spring onions, then cook, covered, for 5 minutes or until the spring onions are heated through.  



No comments: