Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Monday 18 January 2016

Today will be whatever YOU decide it'll be!



18th January 2016

It all begins and ends in your mind.  What you give power to, has power over you, if you allow it.



Not tracked over the weekend, not eaten badly just not kept a running total!  I need to get back on it today and I will, I also know it's because I know I've used my weeklies and more, but that's not a reason not to track the rest of the week.  My aim is to stay within my dailies every day from today till Friday weigh day.  I've got some delicious turkey mince cottage'ish' pies made up, that's Tuesday sorted, leftovers from yesterdays Sunday Roast can be used today and then plenty in the freezer to go out for the rest of the week, I think there's some stew in there mmm.

Our Roast Chicken dinner was delicious, only 10sp too;


I enjoyed doing some success 'then & now' images for facebook yesterday of my members, it's so inspirational to see how they've all done, and those images are just a handful of the success in my meetings, here they are;


I've got a to do list as long as my arm, so I think I'm going to actually write a 'to do' list so i can tick stuff off as I do it, that should make me feel better about how much there is to do, I'll feel better as I tick them off.

I'm aware that today is "blue Monday" according to the media, so I'm making a conscious effort not to let it be in my world, I'm meeting a mate at for a coffee at the cafe to stop me working all day on what isn't officially a 'work day', I can deliver the menu info for him to share with my Weight Watchers members, I wanted to double the likes on his page by today and we're still 26 likes short, so if you haven't already, please just go like their page, it's not gonna take a second

Today's Smart Point recipe is really easy and tasty, if you don't like brown rice you can use white, the points will be the same, an easy evening meal this one.  That's another one for the 'to do' list, Smart Point recipes for this week's blog. 

Ooo I just had a thought, I'm looking forward to doing me a new success Then & Now image for facebook when I've lost the weight I want to lose, I have the 'then' photo ready, I have a couple I can choose from, taken in December!  Have you got your 'Then' photo, that before shot you looked at and thought "oh my, I need to do something, I don't like how I look there!" I'm going to print it out and have on my fridge I think ;) added motivation and a reminder to me when I start to consider going off track. 

Right I want to start ticking things off my 'to do' list so I'm going to get gone as I've already had a bit of a lie in.   Today let's focus on the smiles, have a wonderful day, make it a Magic Monday, Motivation Monday, Marvelous Monday, remember it's whatever you decide it will be!

Here's your delicious recipe BeYOUtiful, enjoy your day.


Chicken Fricassee
Serves 2, 8sp each

100g brown rice (10pp)
low fat cooking spray
2 medium (165g) skinless boneless chicken breasts (3sp)
300ml chicken stock (use 1½ chicken oxo cubes) (1sp)
110g carrots, peeled and cut into thick chunks.
150g button mushrooms, sliced
1 garlic clove, crushed
75g low fat soft cheese (2sp)

Bring a pan of water to the boil and cook the rice according to the packet instructions. Drain well and leave to cool. Meanwhile, lightly coat a deep, lidded, non stick frying pan with low fat cooking spray and heat until hot. Add the chicken and cook for 3-4 minutes until browned all over. Add the stock and carrots. Bring to the boil, cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes until tender. Meanwhile, lightly coat another small non-stick frying pan with low fat cooking spray. Add the mushrooms and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes until the juices have been released and evaporated. Add the garlic and rice and cook for a further minute, until hot. Divide between two plates. Remove the chicken and carrots with a slotted spoon, reserving the stock. Place the chicken and carrots on top of the rice. Keep warm. Return the pan with the stock to the hob. Boil quickly for 1 minute. Remove from the heat. Stir in the soft cheese. Pour the sauce over the chicken.

No comments: